1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utterly sad............

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gipsy, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is this girl I like. I don't know her sexuality, but my gaydar is pretty active around her. She's nice in real life in all, and I have a major crush on her -- no idea if this is a bad thing or not. In Facebook she rarely ever replies to me. Like today, all I asked was something about our project, and she didn't reply even though she was online. I don't know if she read it, but it disappoints me. I have to face her tomorrow now, and I feel like if she doesn't reply back anytime today it'll be awkward facing her tomorrow because I asked her for it and it's just rude...really.

I don't know what to do. I'm extremely frustrated and my hormones are imbalanced and I feel like crying. I know this sounds stupid to cry over for, I don't know why this bought me down. She doesn't even need to talk to me..I just need some information about a project..that's all I need from her, aside from the fact that I like her...

Why is that so freaking hard?

2. Skyline

I've come to learn that some people just don't use facebook very actively (or correctly, in my opinion). It's possible she is logged on but not at the computer or not looking at her phone. Further more she could be on her device but using a different app and not noticing the beeps from her facebook. Some people just don't have the same attention or focus on social media.

Try to think of other ways to communcate with her, as she may not be purposely ignoring you.

3. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does it change anything if there's a high possibility that she might know I like her?

4. Skyline

It's a possibilty--but in my experience people will use facebook how they have always used it.

I guess even if she is ignoring you, you should try to talk to her in person or by text or something, just to see if you can get her to reply. After all, you have a good excuse.

5. kenm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't think too much about it. I'm terrible for not replying/reading a message somewhere on my phone where I can't reply and forgetting to later. Feels really bad too but I just can't help it.

Keep chatting and see how things go, if she seems interested and not dismissive then it's good.

Just my advice would be to not get too excited too quickly or worry too much if things don't go to plan. It's a problem with phones and Facebook! :slight_smile:

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! With everything combined, it is understandable why you are feeling emotional to the point of feeling needing to cry. (*hug*) Knowing that you have feelings for her, maybe try not to contact her the next time when you need information for a project. Try contacting another class mate, if you can. Try not to make it harder on yourself.

With facebook you can see if the person to whom the message was sent has read/seen it. If you don't see "Seen at [time]" than she most likely has not opened it up yet. If she hasn't responded by tomorrow morning, I would just leave it, and let her say something.

7. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys. Turns out, she hasn't even read it yet. Oddly enough earlier today it said on my computer that she was on 45 minutes ago but when I checked my phone, it said she hasn't been on for practically the whole day. So, I don't know what to think. I overreact too much, and get hurt easily for the smallest things...mostly when I have strong feelings for someone. :frowning2:

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's quite normal because even if you have just a question for her, a part of you is already thinking about your feelings for her. You find it becoming too much, it might be a good idea to create some distance, at least until your crush on her has lessened. (*hug*)

9. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks (*hug*), I need to find some distractions that don't relate to her...or I might be up for more trouble if something else doesn't go the way I want with her.. :icon_redf