1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want a friend that is a boy...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by selfboy, Nov 11, 2013.

1. selfboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So i was wondering how do i get a guy to be my friend. Of course without them knowimg im gay, but i want a guy friend to spend tine with. Is that weird? I hav guy friends...well jus some of the guys i have small talk with in school,but i want a serious guy friend that i can really talk to because all of my really good friends are girls. Im not sextist or nothing but i just want a guy friend. Any suggestions would be helpful thank you in advance :slight_smile::shrug:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friendships with guys tend to be more focused on activities--watching sports, paintball, movies, etc. Are there guys you know who enjoy doing some of these things?

3. Etak

I know how you feel. Most of my best friends are guys, but I do need my straight girl friends.

4. selfboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Idk i guess but i usually dont tend to like the sane stuff as them:eusa_doh:

5. GayNerd

Hi there. :smilewave :newcolor:

You could always casually become friends with a guy. But most guys are focused on sports and stuff like that. Who knows though, maybe they aren't, but the only way to know is just by knowing the person overall.
    I hope this helps. (*hug*)

6. Sitri

In my experience (which is extensive with all my friends being guys) the best thing to do is to find something they are passionate about and talk to them about it. You don't have to know much, just be interested in what they have to say. One guy, couple weeks ago I barely knew him, then I mentioned something about heavy metal (which I know nothing about) and he decided to fill me in on the finer details... and the coarser details... basically all the details... he wouldn't stop talking is my point. Anyway, now he's one of my closest friends.

7. kenm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What kind of things are you interested in? Sports aren't the be-all and end-all of a lot of straight guys lives.
    I find myself subconsciously not making much of an effort though, even though I don't care either way if they were gay or not or like them in that way, as I just want to be friends. It's strange.

But having at least something in common is always a good thing, the same with girls. If someone can come over and just hang out on video games, having a drink, listening or playing music etc. then you get talking and spending time together. That leads to getting to know each other more and being comfortable and actually friends.

Getting past the awkward stage of asking someone to do something, getting their number and writing "Hi name..." in a text rather than jumping straight into it and not doing something that might offend them is always the hardest part. Sometimes you have to stop and consider how many people/acquaintances you might have in that same position :slight_smile:

8. Yogaar2au

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you like video games, you can probably find some other dudes who are into gaming.

9. selfboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Mostly good helpful answers thankyou ill try something and let you know if it worked out √√√

10. GayNerd

Good luck. :smilewave

11. Saint Otaku

My, all the kentucky boys on one thread! ^.^

Not much help, since I'm just about the same as you when it comes to lacking deep friendships, but good luck anyways!

12. selfboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was suprised too and yeah thanks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. squally89

Ask yourself what you're interested in and simply find male friends in those activities.
    Don't try to be someone different just to make a male friend because that kind of friendship won't last~