1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with an ex's gifts?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by michaeln94, Nov 13, 2013.

1. michaeln94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey y'all!

So about two months ago, I broke up with who is now my ex. I'm very happy with another guy now, and I'm now ready to throw away/donate the memorabilia from my ex that is becoming clutter.

What stuff should I keep, throw away, and donate?

I have this adorable stuffed plush corgi that he gave me, and I used to love it because I really want a corgi. But since I'm no longer with that guy, I'm thinking that it's probably a good idea to either donate or regift it? I still like it because of what it is, but it's probably best for me to not keep it, as it's been just sitting in a box under my bed.

I have a lot of notes from my ex as well -- some of them have nice drawings of them that do bring back sweet memories. Should I throw these away? Keep them? Not really sure. I threw away the notes written on sticky notes, as well as ticket stubs.

Photos of my ex and I -- keep or toss? I only have two.

For sure, I'm keeping the coffee mug and the feather-stuffed pillow gifts because I find them useful.

Last but not least...a while ago when I was asking my ex to return stuff I left at his place, he decided to keep my sweatpants, saying that they're a part of his memorabilia, and that because I gifted those to him, he'd keep them. That's fine, but what the heck would he want to do with those sweatpants? Pretty sure that 10 years from now he won't keep wearing them.