1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not sure what to think

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by seekingcalm, Nov 13, 2013.

1. seekingcalm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi. So I met this girl online and she was looking for friends, not a relationship, which I'm fine with, but when we met in person she seemed very flirty and we really hit it off. At the end of the night we'd hung out for about 6 hours! She gave me a long tight hug when we parted ways and asked me to hang out again in a couple days. We hung out two days later with some of her friends and everything seemed great.

Fast forward a month and we haven't hung out again. We text almost every day but I got the feeling she didn't really want to be friends anymore because her responses are short and she hardly asks me anything anymore.i asked her to hang out a few times and she always had a reason not to. I felt like I was putting in all the effort so I stopped texting her for a few days. Finally she sent me a text saying she'd been thinking of me and hoped I was ok.

now I'm confused. I responded right away and asked how she was and got back more short answers. I know she has a bad life history and I'm starting to wonder if it's really me or if she's just depressed. I really like her and even if friends is all we are I can live with that but I don't know what to do or think. I have social anxiety disorder and tend to overthink things so I'm hoping for some outside advice.

2. seekingcalm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. fortheloveoflez

I don't think you should continue pursuing her. If she wants to foster some thing more she should be messaging you not vice versa. She already knows that you want to hang out with her so it's her turn to do some thing with that knowledge. I'd just suggest texting her less and if she contacts you to hang out then you know that she likely wants to hang out.

4. seekingcalm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, and yeah, I haven't asked her to hang out since the third refusal a few weeks ago. It was just weird that if she wasn't interested (in friendship at least) that she would have initiated contact again once I'd backed off.