1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partners behaviour confusing

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Janos, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Janos

Janos Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey all, back again....

I recently started dating a younger guy (19/20) and his behaviour has been a bit erratic this last 2 weeks.
    It all started when we had a debate regarding psychology and emotions, he took everything I said personally and read into things, twisting them to make them say things I wasn't actually saying. We spent a day talking with me apologising (even though I was essentially apologising for his own 'misinterpretation') and in the end he apologised for overreacting and being a "dick".

So we sorted things out and everything seemed fine, arranged to meet later in the week.
    He cancelled our meeting and then out of the blue wanted to go back to being just friends (because I wouldn't play along with some facebook joke of his, I was tired and he knew I was under pressure with coursework deadlines).
    We talked that over and he decided he wasn't thinking rationally and wanted a day to clear his head, we put our cards on the table, I promised I'd work harder on showing my emotions more obviously and loosening up more often (he didn't promise anything though because I didn't ask anything of him).

Recently it's starting up again, he cancelled meeting me earlier in the week, then posted a passive-aggressive status on Facebook, cancelled on me again at the last minute for our meeting today and only responds to my texts with one word responses. When I ask him what's wrong he just says "nothing" (last time he did this was when he was annoyed with me but I cannot think of anything I could have done to annoy him, we were fine last night texting).

I know he's on anti-depressants and mood swings are a side-effect of them sometimes as is habituation and going off them but I don't know if they're to blame.
    I've been trying to make time for him but he's blown me off 3 times now and now his behaviour comes across as passive-aggressive and childish.
    Any advice?
    Thanks.

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He doesn't really seem very mature for a relationship yet. Personally I wouldn't be able to put up with it. Are you very invested in the relationship at this point? Something I would do is just not really say much and let him reach out to you since he keeps cancelling and acting childish. If he doesn't say much or try to initiate something, then I would question whether he really even wants to be in the relationship to begin with.

3. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah take Lance's advice!! Ignore him and if he doesn't try to reach you then he's not worth it. Both people has to work for it to have a relationship, not just you.