1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over a straight crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RainyViolinist, Nov 14, 2013.

1. RainyViolinist

Hiya guys,

So this is basically another one of those, "Help! I've fallen in love with a straight guy and can't get over him!" threads, but I hope that I can get some more accurate
    advice for posting my story.
    It started about maybe mid-October. I learned that there was a new string orchestra for both new and experienced players at my school, so I decided to join in order to meet other people. It just so happened that he (let's call him "H") also was in the orchestra, learning to play the violin. H is super sweet, smart, and quite handsome, so I fell easily, as only recently I have been living "out" in school and have allowed myself to fully embrace my true feelings. I decided to tutor him on how to play the violin during my lunch period since he was struggling, and it seems like my feelings for H are growing every time I see him. He is aware that I'm gay, but he doesn't know about my severe crush on him. I know that he's not gay (at least I think), but even if he was, I'm a freshman and he's a senior. In addition, he goes to the community college every day except Friday for classes due to the program that he is in. It just wouldn't work, no matter how hard I try to think of a way that it would.I am at a loss for what to do. How do I get over H?Should I tell him what I feel? What am I to do?! I feel depressed knowing that I don't have a chance with him, even though it's only logical. :help:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you sure he's aware you're gay? If so, then, you should see how gay-friendly he is by maybe mentioning some current event related to LGBT issues. If you know he's not homophobic, then it might be best to share your feelings so you two will be on the same page. Sometimes it may not work out, but if he is a real friend and actually straight, he will understand how hard it is to share your feelings with someone who may not understand. If he's "not-straight", well, who knows where this might go! :wink:

3. RainyViolinist

He is aware I'm sure, I literally came out to him this afternoon :lol:! Thanks for replying so quickly :grin:!