1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling... stung?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Typhoon, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's this one guy I've helped a lot in terms of studying since he's had trouble in the past because he's too busy partying. I can't emphasize how much time I spent summarizing notes for him so he could understand them. I always kind of liked him, he was the first person I came out to, since he was openly gay himself and it was through coming out to him that I learned to accept myself.

When I gave him notes and all that extra help I always did it for the sake of being kind and I'm not one to ask for anything in return, as I don't like depending on other people. But the number of times I covered for him, helped him numbers in the hundreds and I'm being literal here. I helped him out for two solid years and then today I sent him a message on FB because I actually needed a favour from him. Basically there are these series of lectures on a subject I badly need, as they're covering a topic I have almost no material on, and I can't attend them due to a clash with other lectures. So I send him that message, I know for a fact that he saw it and instead of replying back, he simply changed his profile picture and started commenting on some idiot friend's picture. He didn't even say no, like I wasn't worth his time and he had even promised when we met months ago that he'd fill me in on the material we covered.

I'm really tired of people sucking everything out of me like parasites, just this one time I needed him, and he didn't even reply at all today. Even nearly ten hours after, he's still busy commenting on his own profile pictures and playing Candy Crush.

Sometimes I wonder if I even have any friends at all.

2. fortheloveoflez

Aw. This is awful. I have felt like that...I just realize that some other people have different priorities on how they run their relationships. There are some people who are very giving and others who like to take advantage of others. Most of us lie some where on the spectrum of always giving and always taking advantage of....I'm sure there was at least one time that some one did some thing that was on the "selfish" and "selfless" side.

I don't really think he's some one you can depend on; as I'm sure you can agree with me. I guess we all just need to keep searching for the right people.

What class is it by the way? I'm just wondering if maybe I have some info about whatever subject material you've been reviewing

Hugs!

3. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's a law course, which is strictly territory-based. I just need the lecture notes from the particular lecturer anyway. To be honest my frustration isn't the increasing difficulty in obtaining them but his flippant attitude towards me. I'm really upset to think that playing Candy Crush seems more important to him than even replying back... I'm just flummoxed at the shallowness of it all. It's not like I asked him to do something outrageous or time-consuming. After all he supposedly types his notes on his laptop, as opposed to me writing them down on pen and paper and then type them on my laptop later so I could send them to him. All he has to do is send them over after he's finished in class.

It just came as a very unpleasant surprise I guess as I thought he was someone I could rely on and trust and I considered him a friend. No surprise that he's still single, despite all the near-nude self pics he keeps putting up to attract someone. I'm really disappointed and hurt :/

4. fortheloveoflez

:frowning2:

Can't help with Law. Well, I guess you can post on his wall and then see what happens...be even more assertive. Or you can give up on him

5. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nah, I won't tell him anything, not worth my time anymore.