1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so lost in this situation... HELP?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HellboundAngel, Nov 17, 2013.

1. HellboundAngel

:bang:Alright so, where should I start... How about with the ex? Alright, so my ex Kate and I are still good friends, and sometimes we play flirt with eachother despite the fact that we both have boyfriends now. But even though she is dating a guy it seems like we both still have distant feelings for eachother and she tells me the only reason she ever went out with him was because I hurt her when I broke up with her and that she didn't want to be lonely. I feel so bad about breaking up with her because she really is a sweet girl, but it just wasn't working out. After I broke up with her, I immediately fell over heels for my best friend Jonathon but he didn't catch on. And it was awkward for me because the night before I confessed my feelings to him he began dating my number one enemy in school. It was hard for me to tell him I liked him then because thats when he had a girl. Funny thing was though he told me he really likedme and only went out with her because he thought I didn't like him back. So now he decided to dump her(which I don't feel bad about because she was mean to him anyways) and we started going out. Right now he and I are dating and I really do genuinely love him even if he can be overprotective. Sad thing was though when he and I started dating my friend Kat began to seem more attached to me and started calling me sweetie and baby girl which pissed Jonathon off.... A couple nights ago she told me she was in love with me and that she knew she couldn't have me. And honestly I didn't know what to say to that. And I am so lost on how to handle all of this. Cause one loves me but I don't feel the same, one is dating me, and one is blaming me for her misfortune after the breakup. What do I do?!

2. John2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's a tough one but I think you have to judge your feelings carefully. What makes you feel better? Spending time with Jonathan or Kate? What are the things that you love about him and her?

I know it sounds generalist but I think you have to start from the most minute detail.

Good luck!

3. Dottydragon

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    When you have been rejected, you crave for love. So Kate reacting on the rebound. Of course she may love you. If you don't feel the same, she just has to get used to it. Life moves on.

4. HellboundAngel

But isn't it mean to just expect her to just deal with it? Or would it be worse if I tried to help her cope with the thought of me dating a guy?

5. Summer Rose

Sometimes your actions maybe selfish, but it's important to recognize when you are right and you are wrong; in this scenario, you only did what was natural, and thus did what you felt was right. Now, she is going against that wish, and she should know that. It might hurt her, but it's your call and know that whatever decision you make, it's not your fault.

That being said, you should try to understand if you still really feel things can work between you and her. A strong relationship needs to be a little less...breakable. Of course no relationship is perfect, but if it's not hard for it to fall apart, ask yourself if you and her can really be together. That goes for how you feel towards Johnny boy/bravo (and every reference ever that can be made with "John"). Basically, weigh your options, maybe wait and see if conditions improve.

6. HellboundAngel

I suppose you are right. And I mean I can already tell Johnathon wouldn't let his and I's relationship fall even the slightest bit off the chart and I mean it really makes me happy to know that his feelings are just as mutual as mine, but she didn't seem to be as mutual and I mean when she and I were together she treated me as though I was a ghost. So I mean my obvious choice would be Jonathon, but I feel guilt tripped...

7. Summer Rose

Well, I'm glad you seem to be quite happy to be with him; honestly people like that, you shouldn't let them get to you. If she treated you like crap, she has no business coming back, trying to warm you up to the idea of getting back together, and guilt tripping you into leaving your current relationship. Honestly, don't feel bad about this is if you can: you're ex should know that if she didn't treat you right, she can't butt back in to your love life and try to steal you away.