1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date ever

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChrissyAl, Nov 18, 2013.

1. ChrissyAl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I'm falling for this girl, and she seems to be falling for me. I asked her and our two mutual friends if they wanted to go see Catching Fire on Friday, and they all wanted to. Now the thing is, none of the two mutual friends can sleepover at my house, so it'll be the two of us only.

I mean, I'm glad we're getting some time alone, but I'm so nervous about what to do, how to act and all of that.

Do you guys have advice for things we can do, what's okay and not okay, and all of that first-date stuff? I've never been on a date before, so you could say I'm really nervous, haha.

2. just be yourself and do what you feel comfortable. dont be too nervous!

some people sleep together on the first date some people dont. totally okay if she does something and you say no. thats fine. remember that.

(if you mean activity wise...)
    you could after the movie go back to yours and bake cookies then watch another movie while eating them, that way you can cuddle up and just be close to her with no one around you dont have to kiss her or anything you dont want its just an easy way to get close to her and hold her.

usually i find most of my 'talking' is done in bed before i go to sleep its where im most relaxed. if its anything like sleepovers when you were yonger (assuming you had them) you might stay up till all hours of the morning talking about the randomist of things! an easy way to get to know her though just talk to her :slight_smile:

hope it goes well! :slight_smile:

3. robclem21

Just play it by ear. Every situation is different and I find that it becomes most awkward when people to try to force it down a single path that they have pre-decided.

If the date goes really well and you feel like holding hands, grab her hand. If it goes really well and you want to kiss her than try that. It never hurts to ask. Some people think its cute, others just like when you go for it (though asking is always the safer route in my opinion).

It is generally best to hold off on anything more physical to avoid having a relationship that centres around sex, but once again, each situation is different.

Just be yourself and let things happen organically. If you are a little more shy, than just be conservative and let her take the lead. If you are comfortable exerting your boundaries verbally if it goes to far then that is probably your best bet.

Just have fun. It is meant to be a good time. Not something very stressful on you. :slight_smile:

4. Laura27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,

This february I went on my first date. I was way too nervous. Please don't think that you have to kiss, or hold hands, or do anything. The only thing you do is get to know each other better. It will all be fine! I don't know if that's the reason why you're nervous, but I know that's why I was nervous (terrified). I thought there were certain things that needed to be done when you liked someone. Well, that's not the case! It will be fun!

5. ChrissyAl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all for the good tips! I'm gonna do my best to just have fun and not worry about it.

We've got a "cockblock" tagging along too, apparently. She's this girl's friend and she has no idea the two of us like each other, so I'm not gonna be able to do the typical 'date' stuff. I'm going to save the advice for a later time, though, so that I'll have them when I go for the first actual date.

Again, thank you for the tips!