1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Friend Help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ILikePie72, Nov 19, 2013.

1. ILikePie72

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So Im gay and I have a friend, whos a year younger than me, and all of our friends I can tell that hes either gay or bi. The thing is he denys it even though he flirts with me and we stare at eachother a lot. My thinking is I feel he's in the same situation I was. Im Christian and the longest time my insecuritys involved that. It screwed with me so hard, and if hes going through the same thing I want to help him but how? I was gunna try and talk to him today but I missed the bus :/ what should I do?

2. John2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you need to give him some space. He will come out to you whenever he feels it's right. Forcing things out of him, will only give you the opposite result.

3. ILikePie72

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont want to force it out of him, I just want to ask him generally in convo, but dont know how tolead into it.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He may not be anywhere near ready. You can bring up being questioning yourself, and how difficult it was, and just offer up some throwaway remark like "I don't know if you've ever thought about that for yourself, but if so, I just want you to know that I'd be totally OK with it and wouldn't judge you." But I don't think I'd go further than that. The religious guilt can cause it to take a long time, and forcing the issue probably won't help.

5. ILikePie72

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, thanks. I wont go past that.

6. TheAMan

All you can do at this point is let him know that you can be a great supportive friend to him if he ever wants to talk about it. Then you just have to wait until he feels comfortable to talk about it. Forcing him to talk about it when he's not ready would be the worst thing you can do. Trust me!