1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with rejection?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rasengan, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Rasengan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone! I'm in a situation where this guy friend of mine is supposivly "Bisexual" in his words used to be. He told me he finds me attractive and hugs me in the halls every morning however when i told him i liked him he basically shut me down and said that everything would be okay. If he knows i like him but he doesn't like me back why is he doing this to me? It's like torture. I don't understand this. Its like a puzzle with him. He changes everyday. My emotions have been so messed up lately and i just cant move on. Whenever i start to get him out of my mind something like this happens and i get attached again. Rejection advice? How can i get over him? I have like other threads that are about him. If you read them you will be completely lost as well.

2. jargon

I took a quick look at some of those other threads you mentioned (mostly just the titles tbh). Sounds like he's pretty confused himself. He may in fact be bisexual and just not interested in a relationship, even if he said he thinks you're "attractive." Or he may be just be sorting these things out himself. One of the hard things about dating for queer people while you're young is that lots of you're dating pool is still in a questioning phase.

Obviously easier said than done, but my advice would be to try to move on to more promising prospects. On the off chance he sorts things out and decides he really is interested after all, he can always approach you himself.

3. fortheloveoflez

Good question.

Typically, I handle rejection by telling myself "well, at least you tried" or "it's better to know sooner than later so you can move on". If you've ever been led on before I think you'd agree that that's the more painful route.....so it's good to get rejected at least in the beginning rather than way down the line when you're trying to build a life with that person or multiple people

4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If he's not interested at this time then there's not a lot you can do. Nothing stopping you being friends with him though.

5. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know its difficult, but the best thing for you right now is to give up on a romantic relationship with him. I know it seems impossible, but if you want to free yourself you must.

Just think about it this way: even if he were to change his mind, what kind of foundation are you two building a relationship on? He knows you are suffering by his hand, but yet he won't do the right thing and let you go. You deserve someone who will reciprocate your feelings and want to be with you.

The best thing is to put the situation into perspective. Imagine all the wonderful things you will experience in this life. This event with him is soooo minor compared to all those things. Look at the bigger picture. Its like that old saying: "You can't see the forest for the trees".

I think we would all be better off if we took the initiative to say: "You don't want to be with me? Okay your loss". Certain people briefly enter our lives, just to shake us awake and put us on the right path to self-actualization and happiness. I believe that's what he is for you. Find the life lesson in all this and move forward.

Hope this helps!

#5 Thursby, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013