1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hugging is my nature

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have this nature of hugging others for no reason, except seeing them, but my friends say it's annoying and I get upset about cause I like hugging. They are to personal about there space, but for me it's a way of being loved because I'm so lonely. Is it me or is it bad hugging my friends constantly.

2. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know If I'd use the word 'bad', but it is good to respect boundaries. I know what you mean by feeling a little lonely though.

3. musicalshyguy

Ahem? I randomly walk up to friends at school and hug them in the middle of the hall. You're not alone.

4. Silver Sparrow

You are definitely not alone, but you also need to respect other peoples boundaries.

5. scanner007

You can hug me all day, I feel the same way. Most other people, they'd be happier people if they hugged more, but I think in the United States especially we're raised and groomed to barely stand being able to touch anyone. Shake hands with someone and then immediately use some hand sanitizer from your own portable keychain hand sanitizer, then run back inside, lock the door and get back on your tablet or xbox. Sometimes our culture really sickens me how cold we've gotten towards one another.

6. Skov

There's nothing wrong with liking to hug people, but if your friends don't like it, respect their wishes and don't take it personally. I'm like your friends. I hate when people hug me. It's not that I hate them, I just don't like being hugged, even from my family. It's kind of the family joke about me

7. SeerOfHeart

It's all about personal preference. I have some friends that I hug or hold hands with daily, and yet I rarely, if ever, hug my best friend. Hugging is great if it makes both people happy, but if someone's uncomfortable then it's really important to respect that.

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm an introvert, and if someone was always trying to hug me, I would regard it as an invasion of personal space. Moreover, if people are telling you you're being annoying, that must mean they have gone past the normal discomfort to outright irritation. If you don't respect people about this minor thing, how will they respect you on things you care about?

Personally, I only hug with family or friends I haven't seen for a long time. I have no problem showing I care for others through my words and other non-physical actions, and constant hugging cheapens the importance of the act, IMO.

9. Sully

Yeah I'm not a fan of hugs, don't mind it, but I prefer hand shakes :/

I'm a pretty awkward hugged anyway. Gotta be honest though. I can't begin to describe the loathing I feel when I get randomly hugged.

10. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like hugging. Hugs are good. But yeah, if your friends aren't comfortable being hugged, you should respect their boundaries.

I remember in high school a friend of mine, he and I would hug each other just for the lols because it always freaked out this one girl and it was our favorite way to torment her.