1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a tricky situation, straight best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hannah95, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Hannah95

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey!

I'm in kind of a hard situation. I have been in love with my straight best friend for about 2 years now. I am a lesbian and I'm pretty open about it. I'm pretty sexually experienced as well. Either way, I found out that my best friend has been curious about girls for a while now. She even talked to her boyfriend and asked him if he would be okay with her doing it with someone which he was. So like a couple of days ago now me and her talked about it and she asked me if I would be willing to experiment with her.
    A lot of thoughts have been spinning around in my head since then. I don't know if it's a good idea though. But I still really want to do it. I also know this is mean and wrong in a lot of ways. But I really want her to get feelings for me. I don't know if that would be possible though. Like maybe if I tried making it a bit romantic with candles, held her hand while we did it and a lot of kissing? Or maybe do it with her more than once? I don't know what to do. I really need some help :/

2. scanner007

hmmm so the boyfriend is okay with it?....but only while he watches or participates? You didn't really elaborate on terms, and for that matter, did she elaborate on the terms with you?
    The problem with this is your experimenting will probably satisfy sexual appetites, but as a lesbian, you run the risk of being emotionally attached to someone who, having a boyfriend, is already at least somewhat attached to someone else. It can cause problems if you start to have very strong emotional feelings for her, because chances are they simply won't be fulfilled. Also it can obviously make things weird if you're used to hanging out with both of them.
    But you know your friend better than anyone else, if you think you can have a sexual encounter with her once or twice, then never again...and be completely fine with that then maybe you can talk to her more about it. If you don't think you could handle that, knowing that might be all you'll ever get out of it, then it might be a good idea to suggest to your friend that she experiment with someone else.
    GOOD LUCK

3. Hannah95

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes, he's okay with it. He won't be involved at all actually. We haven't agreed to any terms either. I don't know what we would even agree on
    Yeah that's very true. But I am fine with the whole her experimenting and that's it. I can take it if that happens. Do you think there's a chance she might catch feelings? I mean is it even possible?

4. scanner007

Well if you're not sure on terms, maybe you don't need to worry about it, maybe you both know each other well enough you know what to expect from the other.
    Yeah I think its quite possible for her to have some emotional feelings, especially if she's the one wanting to experiment. I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good thing though if she becomes torn between you and him. Unless you two are really super close friends, I'd say her loyalties will lean towards him.

#4 scanner007, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013