1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Night Stand

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TapVillage, Nov 21, 2013.

1. TapVillage

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay so here we go. I really need some advice.

I met this guy last week through friends/colleagues and we went to his place with this group of our shared friends. They set us up a little bit though. My colleagues had been talking about him to me for a while and they had apparently told him about me. When everyone left we talked for quite a while, which was great because we had a lot in common. But as the topic title suggests we also slept together.

Now the few times I've had one night stands I felt no desire to ever see the guy in question ever again. Hell, I wasn't even planning on having a one night stand anytime soon either as it's generally just not my thing. But now it's different. I really like him. :dry: But there's a catch. He was in the country for only a week and he went back home. Just my luck.

Now he's not gone completely. He's here every few months and eventually plans to move back. But still, this makes things kind of complicated. Figuring out if someone is dating material is difficult enough, but now it feels... impossible. And I guess it is, because I see no way. At least not in the near future.

Let alone the fact of course that I don't really know him. He texted me saying he really likes me, but that feels empty when he's now so far away. So here's my dilemma, should I ask one of my colleagues (they all know him very well, I joined this company after he left) about what kind of guy he is? Because I'm thinking about sending him a message to let him know that I would love to see him again sometime. But if it turns out he's the kind of guy who sleeps around and isn't serious (I know, ironic considering it was a one night stand) then I shouldn't bother. But the only way I can find out is by talking to someone and just straight up ask them if I should bother contacting him.

I feel a bit confused, because I haven't felt this way about someone in a long time. And the fact that he's now so far away just makes me a bit sad.

I know I should probably try and forget about him, but I can't help but think 'what if'.... my mind is just going there. So my question is basically, should I talk to someone who knows him well, or just let it go?

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advice probably won't be the best here because I'm pretty pragmatic about such things. But here goes.

I think your best bet is to let it go, maybe keep his contact info and if/when he moves back to your area permanently, then meet up with him and explore things. Going further as it is will usually be a recipe for frustration and a broken heart, given the distance and logistics. That probably isn't the answer you want to hear, but my guess is it is probably the best solution, at least for now.