1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by darkhorizon, Nov 21, 2013.

1. darkhorizon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone!

So I'm a 17yo guy who is sorta-kinda closeted; I'm out to most of my friends and my parents, but I haven't like officially announced it on Facebook or anything so no one else really knows (for all I know). There's this guy who I've known for a couple years but it wasn't until this year that I developed a huge crush on him. We've never really been "friends", more like acquaintances. But my best friend is a good friend of his, so that's basically how I know him and the only time we talk is when we are all together. Anyway, I've always had suspicions that he was gay, even when I didn't have this crush on him. My best friend has also expressed the same suspicions. He's just said some things that just make it quite obvious. However, about a month ago I found out he had a girlfriend, so I pretty much just gave up. But this is where everything gets really...erm...awkward.

So before I found out about his girlfriend, I found out that he had told my friend that he was bisexual. I wasn't surprised, and I was actually kinda happy. I should note that I had been noticing him staring at me a lot. We only see eachother for about half an hour before school and have no other classes together, BTW. Ok, so I ALSO have this friend who is very openly gay and has also told me he suspects my crush is gay. He has a class with him. I had told him that he should tell my crush that I have a crush on him and see what his reaction was. He said he would do it. The next day I asked him what my crush had said, and he told me he didn't have a chance to tell him. He then proceeded to tell me that HE wanted to get with my crush as well. This made me very upset (obviously) and I told him nevermind and walked away. I THEN found out that he had a girlfriend. Ugh, I was so mad that day.

So then I got over him for a while. Fast forward to this week, the friend that I had originally asked to te my crush that I had a crush on him suddenly decided he would tell him for me. Well, sorta. I'm not sure if he intended it or not, but apparently he had asked my crush if he knew any guys that had a crush on him. My crush said ME. I think that friend of mine was trying to get the opportunity to tell my crush that HE liked him, but it backlashed. Muahahahaha.

Anyway, after he told me this, I was kinda shocked. Ever since then, I have caught my crush staring at me, we have so much eye contact it's crazy, and he is always finding some reason to come over and talk to me and my best friend. Whenever we see eachother in the hallway we have this (kinda awkward) eye contact until one of us says whatsup. Or I'll catch him looking at me from across the hall or vice versa.

I just don't know what to do. It's kinda hard for me to talk to him because I'm shy around him first off, but what's even worse is that we really don't have much in common. I try to think of this to talk to him about when he's sitting next to me but I just don't know what to say. We don't know eachother that well to even know if we have anything in common. Plus, he has a girlfriend, which makes me wonder if it's even worth me trying even though I want to. Lastly, I'm not even sure if he likes me back to be honest! But I just think it's wierd that out of all of his friends (he has a HUGE group of friends), the one guy that he says he thinks has a crush on him, is me. Idk.

What should I do? Any advice?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. Nick07

If he didn't like you he wouldn't behave the way he does. If you enjoy his company, the time is worth it and not wasted, even if you become "just" friends.
    You said that you didn't know each other much, so there is a lot to talk about, no? :slight_smile: Ask questions and tell him about yourself, get to know him first and see if you are compatible as friends. Then you will see.
    Good luck :slight_smile:

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^agreed
    Get to know him more :slight_smile: Don't pursue anything relationship wise while he has a gf, but you can definitely become good friends.