1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a happy thread

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by seekingcalm, Nov 22, 2013.

1. seekingcalm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So a couple weeks ago I made a thread asking about what I should do about a woman I'd met and had fun with but she didn't seem as interested as I was and she even seemed kind of depressed. Turns out I talked with her and she did say she was sorry for being cold and distant but that it was just her dealing with her own issues that had nothing to do with me. Since then we haven't talked much and I met someone else.

This is the happy part! For everyone struggling with finding a relationship please read this. You can find someone who makes your heart feel all happy AND makes you feel appreciated and beautiful! I was skeptical - I thought I had to hold on to any person who showed any interest in me whatsoever and that I should just be thankful someone saw me. That's not the case and now that I've found my girlfriend and she makes me feel like I'm a worthwhile person I'll never go back to that old mindset, even if my current relationship doesn't last.

We've talked about it and we're both well aware that we're in the infatuation stage with each other but I think the important part for me is learning that I can find a wonderful person who likes and appreciates me as much as I do her!

TLDR: never settle for someone who doesn't make you feel appreciated because you deserve better than that and you CAN find people who will make you feel loved! (*hug*)

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woo! Good stuff! Always nice to read something positive before I go to work!

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We often end up with the love we think we deserve...so changing your mindset, i.e. changing your expectations is crucial! Well done for not just settling!

4. Robben

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find we create images and pictures of how we feel our lives can be perfect. You are perfect being just the way you are.

5. tex st

tex st Guest

high five!