1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking up...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by pinklov3ly, Nov 22, 2013.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, my girlfriend and I have been quite distant lately, which has been a strain on our relationship. She's been busy with work and I have three kids etc, but not that's the problem. She recently moved further away and honestly, the distance doesn't bother me one bit.

She told me tonight that she doesn't feel like she is in the right place emotionally/mentally to be in a relationship. She said that she feels like she is neglecting me, but I don't feel neglected at all. I told her that it's totally understandable and that I respect her wishes.

I mean, her living situation isn't the best and work is stressful, but whose life isn't chaotic at the moment. I've been there for her through everything and we had some fun times together. I mean, our relationship has been great thus far, and up until her circumstances changed. The crazy part about it, is that I am not sad at all. I am actually quite relieved while she's feeling all confused and sad. I am not going to comfort her because she made the decision to give up. I thought couples were suppose to stick it through the ups and downs? I am just ready to move on with my life and start over with someone who can handle whatever life throws at me.

Is it wrong of me not wanting to remain friends after this? Why am I not feeling sad? Perhaps, I saw this coming and was already emotionally prepared for it. Any words of advice/encouragement are greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

#1 pinklov3ly, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You appear to have landed yourself in the ideal situation for an ending relationship.

"I didn't end it, but it DEFINITELY wasn't my fault".

You don;t have to deal with all the usual 'what did I do wrong' crap because you know the reasons were all to do with her circumstances. I mean it still sucks, but as you said, you've had fun times which is what you'll remember, and you didn't have to end it because of something she did. I'm thinking you'd feel different right now if you'd had to break up with her because she moved away!

As for not remaining friends...eh I don't know, i'm the wrong person to ask. 1 ex-gf I've not spoken to since the day I broke up with her so...?

As long as you're happy...

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, thanks for your words of wisdom. The crazy part about everything is now, she thinks she can just change her mind. She called me drunk last night, but I decided to ignore her because I'm really confused about everything. I mean, in so words many words she broke up with me, yet she acts like we are still together. She's been more herself lately and that's probably after she realized she was losing someone amazing.

I made sure of that by posting new pictures on Facebook, and not to brag, but I'm attractive. I'm sure she doesn't want anyone else to have me, so perhaps, she is confused. I'm not sure what to do anymore...

#3 pinklov3ly, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013