1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drunk texting

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kylegf2011, Nov 24, 2013.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met a guy, who seemed a little gay in his way of treating me, but was drunk when he did for the first time. Then we talked through facebook, and then he asked me for my number and we ended up going to the movies, which was really cool, but still I couldn´t tell if he was gay, or just really friendly, but this time he was sober.

So the thing is that when I got home he started texting me, and invited me to a bar he was going to. I couldn´t go, but he kept talking to me, I imagine he was getting very drunk, he started telling me how he wanted to see me again, not only one time, but a thousand times more and how he wished I was there, and that he was ready to come to my house to see me (I live very far away from him) because he needed to see me in that moment. He told me then that when we were watching the movie he wanted to hold my hand, but was scared.

I mean... I don´t want to assume anything... but this does seem pretty gay to me. The thing is, because of the way he was writting his texts, it seemed like he was very drunk. So now I don´t know what the deal is :icon_sad: maybe he didn´t mean anything he said?? why did he say it? Because I kind of went along with him... but he can say he was drunk... I however was perfectly sober :confused:

Im feeling very insecure, I don´t know what to do. Yesterday he wanted to see me again, but maybe now after yesterday he might no want to see me again... I just need your thoughts on this. I´m really falling for this guy, but I don´t know if it muight be all in my head :icon_sad: :help:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd take him up on it. It's possible he's trying to hide his sexuality while he's sober and he lets it out more when he's drinking. My allegedly straight crush and I always have witty snarky banter back and forth but what I dish out becomes much more sexual when I drink, so I can see where your buddy might be coming from

3. it sounds like you worry way too much. can you not just be friends with this guy for a while i mean like hold off on the confessing your feelings part. get to know him some more and get closer to him the more you kno him the better judge of his charecter youll be. next time you see him talk to him properly about him being drunk/drunk texting. he cant mind read nor can you, so talking is the only thing you can really do. this guy seems to like to get drunk a lot lol. maybe next time you could go out to clubs together and see what hes like then? i know if i rememebr right you said first tme you methim he was drunk. so idk.

4. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, he drinks alot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol

And yeah, I´ll try that, just friends, its just the things he said yesterday makes it hard for me not see him as something more :eusa_doh: And also he´s leaving in 2 weeks for two months :dry:

Thx for the advice! :slight_smile:

5. biggayguy

People do tend to open up and say what they really feel when they are drunk. Is this going to work out long - distance? How often does he drink? Does he always get drunk while drinking? That's what I would want to know.

6. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know he goes out alot, and also drinks alot, so yeah I think so. Why?

7. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm drunk as we we speak...and as a drunks advise I say go for it :slight_smile:

8. SomeNights

Take it from someone who has been in a similar situation as you, but in the opposite role: he's into you. Most people when they get drunk, they say what they are truly thinking without any filter.

As far as what you should do, that's up to what you want out of the relationship, if you want one at all.

9. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I want one :slight_smile: I like this guy alot :icon_redf

10. Rarareva

Rarareva Guest

I agree, this guy likes you. He knows you’re gay, right? At the movies you were both sober, so I would mean that he wouldn’t just “make up” that he wanted to hold your hand… that was something he thought about for a long time during and after the movie.

Being drunk often gives us a bit more courage, than when we’re sober. Have you thought about simple sending him a text saying “Man you drunk texted me last night huh :wink:”? Maybe he open up to talking about if he “remember” it and what he meant by it. That way you don’t out yourself in any way, neither your feelings.

Best of luck!