1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loneliness

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bme4me, Nov 24, 2013.

1. bme4me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there, I have been out for a few years now, and being a senior in high school, I have been looking to the future a lot. In my area there aren't many Gay Men. My family is iffy on if they even accept that I'm gay. I'm looking for some kind of answer for what is going to happen with my love life. I am constantly depressed thinking about being alone. I've dated a little, but every time it ends with regrets and more loneliness. It is the worst feeling, feeling like (and being told) that I'm going to be alone for a long time. Do you guys have any advice?
    Thanks a million,
    MB

2. mathmajor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Poor guy. Maybe check into colleges with a strong LGBT presence. Almost all U's have an LGBT club. Don't miss out like I did.

But! Nothing wrong with being single. You're never alone if you love yourself.

3. ohioguy05

I'm going to second what mathmajor said... I would look at going to a college (preferably a little ways away from home) and checking for their LGBT groups. I'm not promising that you'll find a relationship there or even a date... but you will find other people who you can connect with and talk to (judgement free). EVen better, they might have their own friends to introduce you to.
    That's what I wish I had done for college. I don't have a time machine, though, so the best I can do is give you that advice. It will get better... :slight_smile:

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, things will be much better when you go to college, at least if you go to one of the bigger ones where there are bound to be many more gay guys than at high school. Also, when you go to college, you have a chance to reset all your relationships and find people who are more accepting of you even if they aren't gay.

Also, since you're having issues with family, try moving out of your home either to the dorms or an apartment. I commuted from home, which always made me uninvolved with campus activities and stuck in the closet because I couldn't develop meaningful friendships with other students.