1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm really downright now...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sassyspectre, Nov 25, 2013.

1. sassyspectre

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex and I broke up about 5 months ago and I really wanna get back together but he says it's never going to happen. I never got a reason why we broke up he just suddenly stopped talking to me and then said we'd grown apart.

Idk I'm just really sad because I don't think I'll find someone I feel as comfortable with ever again.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey sassyspectre, welcome to EC!

I know it feels as if you will never find anyone like him again, someone with whom you were so comfortable; but consider that this may be a good thing. This guy did leave you after all...would you want someone like that again?

I know I'm making light of a sad situation, so don't get me wrong, I feel for you; it's hard to let go. But until you do let go, it will be almost impossible to find someone new, you simply won't have room in your heart for two...in a sense, making yourself available means letting go of your feelings for him. It means distancing yourself from the situation a bit and resolving not to think of him for at least a little while...This may take a little more time, you need to grieve a little more, but once you accept what appears to be unacceptable, trust me, there are other good guys out there for you!

3. PerryRob2008

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been going through something similar. I just got out of a long term relationship a few months ago and at least twice a day I think and hope to start the relationship up again. I was told that he loved me but couldn't be in a relationship with me at the time. Lately I think about our relationship and realize all that I gave and that little I got back in return. If you take a step back I am sure that you can see the faults that made the relationship not wok. You basically have the option to build your self from it and wallow in it. And trust me when I say that wallowing will just make you sadder :frowning2:

You are here for a reason and sometimes a lone adventure can breed new insight.

4. Mhin

No one moved on, we are just getting used to the pain. I hope soon you will get used to it, been there and I really admit that it's painful and hard. But as weeks goes by, you will get better, hopefully

5. sassyspectre

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've gotten to a point like this where I realize I was doing all the work.
    Thank you all for your support <3