1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I handle this situation?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Theatertennis17, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Theatertennis17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like this guy named Robby. He's possibly straight, but we've flirted a lot recently. We even cuddled for long two hours at a party. How can I "make a move" without having a weird friendship afterwards? We're really good friends but if there can be more there I would like it.

#1 Theatertennis17, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Test the waters with him first to get an idea of how he might react to the idea of being gay. You could casually bring up LGBT issues like marriage equality and see how he responds. Equally, you could just slowly get more touchy with him and see how he responds. Or you can just outright tell him, hope for the best, and ask him to please still be friends no matter what. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. SomeNights

^ that is a few good ideas, but just to throw my $0.02 in:

I think he is definitely interested in you. No straight guy I know cuddles for 2 hours with another guy in front of people. However, how long have you known Robby and how often do you guys hang out? Remember it's always friends first then boyfriends.

4. Theatertennis17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We've known each other for probably like 6 years and the past two years we've been kind of touchy. Honestly we hung out for the first time Saturday night, but that's only because he's extremely antisocial, and basically all he does with his life is go to school, go to theater/tennis when we have it, go home, play video games for hours, do his home, and then go to bed. So, he barely hangs out with anyone really.

5. SomeNights

oh, well in that case, just bring it up. It sounds like you guys are close enough :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: