1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my friend really straight, bi, or bicurious?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thenightisdead, Nov 25, 2013.

1. thenightisdead

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    im a closet bi and he happens to be one of my really good friends and also my room mate. this is going to sound strange at first, but here goes:

my friend admits that he does strange things while hes on ambien, and of course, ive witnessed them, given that hes my room mate. while he was on ambien last night, we hung out. i thought it was strange that he would stare at my lips for a long periods of time while we were conversing, but i shrugged the thought since hes on ambien. later on, i took an ambien that he gave me and we both started having some beers and having deep conversations in his room (we're both prescribed the same medication, so please dont lecture me on recreational drug use). at the end of the convo, we gave each other bro hugs and told each other "i love you man, no homo". during the bro hug, he gave me a peck on the cheek. i didnt say anything about it and pretended it didnt happen. later on, he was showing me something on his cell phone, then i realized he was getting really close to my face and it seemed like he was getting ready to kiss me. i backed off, and i told him "what are you doing? are you trying to kiss me?". he then told me "i wanna kiss you". i was shocked. to make sure i wasnt hearing things, i asked him again what he wanted to do, and he said the same thing. right before we hooked up, i asked him twice if he was bi, and he said yes each time. then i asked him twice if "this is not going to affect our friendship, is it?" and he replied both times "no its not".

im still a little bit at shock, i mean, he hooks up with chicks from time to time and hes had girlfriends in the past. quite frankly, i really dont think hes bi, prolly bi-curious the most. i can leave this fling behind and not let it strain our friendship, but im not too sure if he thinks/or feels the same way i do, let alone if he remembers what happened last night

i eventually did develop a crush on him, and i deff do want to hook up with him again, but im confused between emotions and logic. a few weeks go by, and we had another drunken ambien night. this time though, he did open up to me about the hook up. i think one of my mistakes was not giving him much of a chance to explain himself why he did what he did (making a move on me), and i just told him: "dont even worry about it, i've already put it in the past and more importantly, i dont think of you any differently. youre still one of my best friends and whatever happened that night, it didnt affect our friendship". after i told him that, he told me it took a load off his chest. during that time, i asked him if he was really bi, and he told me "yeah, sometimes,". even though we weren't sober, i can definitely tell he wasnt comfortable telling me and he kept his answer very brief.

how do i test the waters with him? do you guys think hes bi? i think he was just bi-curious

2. fakeidentityduh

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    sounds like A) he's deff bi or gay B) you got lucky with the friend/roommate situation that plagues most other users on this site's lives (in that you guys hooked up, albeit on ambien)

I would probably hint to him that you might be bi too and just kinda take it from there. has any of this been talked about whilst not tripping on ambien lol?

3. thenightisdead

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    no, we havent talked about it when we're sober. i would imagine its too nerve wrecking for both of us. how do i hint around him? unfortunately, i dont know how to flirt with other guys

4. dapulu

Try to add dirty talk and innuendos in your talks for a start. See how he reacts and if he follows, and if he gets too tense you can just laugh it off as a joke.

You can also compliment him on his looks/body or simply if he made a good joke or a nice remark, although do limit the amount or it gets a bit awkward (in my case hahaha).

Try and mix the "acceptance speech" of LGBT stuff when you talk about those subjects, just to make him more comfortable with his sexuality, maybe he'll even turn out gay later but was just afraid to tell you so.

Remind him how much you care about him and how much you like/appreciate him.

If you mix the above with deep looks, staring at his eyes, lips, bulge, body, and making little physical contact like touching his arm or a slap in the back or a spank or a hug (you get the gist of it) in the right amounts (too much is kind of uncomfortable as you come off too strong, unless he returns it of course, then he likes it :wink: , then I'm pretty sure that'd probably give him a good hint :slight_smile:

Best of wishes and keep us updated. :grin:

5. Gingerblond93

I agree he sounds like he is bi or gay and he is into you, however, he is confused and most likely not ready to accept himself as gay or bi. I would continue to explore the relationship and see if it can advance further, but read his signals, if he is not ready, back off. If he gives you the green light go for it.

6. thenightisdead

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sometimes, i can see him from the corner of my eye staring at me and when i turn to him, he quickly turns away. i notice that he does this at get togethers or parties. is there any meaning behind this cue?

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He doesn't want you to know he's looking at you. That could mean multiple things: he is observing you interacting with others, he doesn't want to seem to be staring at you, he likes you, etc. Eye contact is a difficult thing to judge, so you should try talking to him more.

8. thenightisdead

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i really dont think my friend is bi at all, i guess just bicurious at the time we hooked up. i did notice he'll initiate gay jokes around me, and i'll throw some comebacks to him, but i dont think this is significant since its normal for guy friends to do. but sometimes i wonder if this is his way of hinting, or am i just overthinking this? what are your guys' thoughts?

i couldnt really get feel for him being bi, but then again he's been having a rough past month (academics, work, and car accident), so he's been really preoccupied with getting his shit together. plus, he's also been hooking up with some chick he met at work for a couple months now, but he then later burned the bridge on that one just recently.

last night we had dinner together, just the two of us, and got really drunk at the restaurant. the reason why i really dont think he's bi/gay is because he brought up some of the baggage of his ex (they were childhood friends that became fwb, "kinda" dated, but their friends now. girl thinks that they should stay as friends from her pov, but when i asked about his pov, emotionally he'll fall for her, but logically no because it will jeopardize the friendship), what type of girl his family thinks he should date, what girl hes looking for, etc. but at the moment, he's not looking to be in a relationship right now.

when we went back to my car to drive home, there were two things in my mind: 1. make a move because i really wanted to kiss him OR 2. open up the question and ask him why he really kissed me that other time. even though i was really drunk, i did not have the courage to act on either or and face what happens next. i just feel like making a move on him or me bringing up what we both left behind and pretended that it didnt happen is like opening pandoras box.

9. fakeidentityduh

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    did you guys only kiss, or do more?

10. thenightisdead

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    when we hooked up before, we kissed and blew each other. he wanted me to fuck him too, but i ended up not doing it

11. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think because he talked about his ex means he's not bi.

12. fakeidentityduh

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    idk man.. if that happened, he's gotta be.. a little not-so-straight.

"i really dont think my friend is bi at all, i guess just bicurious at the time we hooked up. "

don't bi and bi curious mean the same thing?... idk, I mean I'm still workin on figuring myself out, but as I understand the world, I don't think it's possible for something like that to occur (with consent) and both involved not have some homosexual feelings. label it what you will.

13. confused1234

He asked you to fuck him? Dude, he's not straight.

You should talk to him. Or make a move. I normally wouldn't recommend that, but you guys have already hooked up and he asked you to fuck him, so I doubt making a move would end too poorly.