1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Confused about mixed signals

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wildwings, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondering if someone could help here, I am very confused about this guy I have been seeing for a while now. When we first met it was online I was just trying this approach first time we would have flirty text, calls, share things with each other ect at first I was just having fun then he stated he wanted something more then fun so I thought why not try he seemed like a nice guy looking for a actual relationship.

After about 4 weeks of talking we finally met and everything seemed good we seemed to click and have similar interests for a while but all of a sudden after one meeting he says he wants to see me again but then after the texting and calling reduces a lot and he seems less interested in talking sometimes just does not reply sometime for a few days till I text to see how he is a couple of days later it might be me it feels he not interested or something. Seems I am the one doing all the communicating now but because I have no clue what hes thinking as he says everything is fine.

I of course asked him was there something wrong he say nothing wrong and he looking forward to seeing me again so we talk a bit but then the same thing is happening again.

The fact he could just of said things are not working out or what ever would of been better then saying things are fine and ignoring me after for a week or so and he was the one who wanted to be a bit more serious. I feel like he giving me mixed signals one minute seems he interested and he never said anything was wrong the next minute no communication.

What do people here think is he taking me for a ride should i just move on or should I keep trying with this? I do like the guy but this is starting to make me wonder if he playing me or something. I just don't get why someone if they not interested anymore would not just say instead of making me think he fine and still interested.

2. StrongCupOfTea

He could be playing you, he could be going through something at the moment that has him unsure emotionally, or he could just be inconsiderate. Either way, it sounds like he's not exactly boyfriend material.

I've been on the receiving end of that kind of behaviour before, from a long-term girlfriend. No one needs that.

3. YOLO4me

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like he's keeping you on the back burner while he's sorting out other relationships....do you want to be that guy still in six months? Maybe break ties before feelings are involved.

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In situations like that I would not text/call anymore and see if he initiates something. Have you talked to him about this and how you feel? I would tell him pretty much what you've told us. You feel like you're getting mixed signals and aren't sure if he's interested in taking things further relationship-wise. I would tell him that you're willing to see where things go if he feels like putting in the effort as well.

5. lovelife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe he's unsure about the way you feel about him. Maybe he put the ball in your court and you just didn't see it?

6. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't know just seems the communication turned one sided. I could be just being over suspicious or something. Something just feels a bit off he saying it all ok and he likes me ect then sometimes just don't respond for good few days. Might be the case he has something going on but he could just tell me he going through something instead of leaving me hanging. Because I like him just don't know what to do with this I know people say go with your gut but then again could be wrong.
    Think I just stop my communication for awhile and see if he gets in contact if not then I guess I just have to accept he inconsiderate or doing something and move on.

7. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guess I was played as there still been no response since i stopped texting or calling him. The thing that got me the most he the one that suggested he wanted more then fun and said he really liked me would of rathered him say he not intreasted anymore. Its a kick in the gut even more so when you have no idea what you actually done... My gut was right i guess if he was liking me like he said would of got in contact by now even just to see how i am doing or something. Not even going to entertain him by asking again was there something wrong that might just make me sound desperate and stupid.

Shame i kinda liked him thought he was funny and we did have things in common.

8. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry but i need advice again the same guy has been in contact again after a week a bit of no communication from me whatsoever. I had kind of thought he found Someone else or whatever so was getting on with life. I said i am getting a strange vibe you lost intrest or something and if that if that was the case all you needed to do was say. He sent me a message back claiming it was work ect that got him very busy in dec and that he was still intrested it had nothing to do with him losing intrest he apoligised in fact at the start and end of message. So i replied ok thats alright we shall talk whever your free. He said thanks for being so understanding! x .. That was the end of it almost another week same thing happening no communication i did asume maybe he busy at work but i belive this is a excuse and i am not going to contact him so he thinks if he playing me i will always contact him anyway.

I say claim because on Facebook i see him posting music links couple of photos and he goes on whatapp alot i am not stalking but cant help seeing stuff on facebook when it public. I do the same but can still contact people..Really has time to do all that but too busy to talk or text me someone he apparently likes more then a friend... for almost another week . I wish guys had balls to stop beating around the bush saying they like you and want to see you then making excuses. I never lead people on i just say i not intrested or something in a nice way. I am very confused to why he wont say sorry i think it not working out. After that msg thought maybe it was his work he does do 12 hour shifts and it was just me being stupid but seriously a text takes less then a min... I dont expect daily texts and calls even thought it used to be that way just tired of chaseing... Starting all convos what would you do in the situation? As asking him is getting me nowhere...

#8 Wildwings, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actions speak louder than words. If he says he's interested but doesn't show concrete actions, I think you just need to tell him directly that you don't want to be strung along. I really think you should look to other people for better matches.

10. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know your right deep down as he seemed a good guy sometimes people are actually busy but majority of the time this is a excuse or something. The weird thing everything seemed good when we met and I did say all he needs to do is say if he no longer interested after the silent week he denied and said a few times he would like to see me again. Not like I was bombarding him with texts or anything I would probably get the weekly silence if that happened. Don't know if I was being pushy saying that after a week of no calls/texts but I rather hear it now then later after all this chasing. Think I will do what you suggested but I am not going to do it till maybe Friday to maybe give him a chance. Because I will be honest he was a good match apparently there was like 90% match 86% friend. I am actually starting to get bored of this texting chase game or whatever he doing anyway (maybe he was getting bored of texting too? i know some guys do get bored) and a text only relationship for 3 weeks is not even a relationship even if we met already.

I just going to send him a message saying I don't think this will work if there's no communication I understand people are busy but nobody ever too busy to send at least a text... in a week to someone they apparently like. I will just carry on with my life again it was only when he suggested he was looking for a serious relationship I thought ok a guy actually looking for something this sounds good. He seems to be having fun on social media and talks to whoever on whatsapp. Kind of glad nothing got too serious with these mixed signals and i am not going to be a backup plan that's for sure.

#10 Wildwings, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013