1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend vs. Lesbian Identification

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by andybirdy1, Nov 27, 2013.

1. andybirdy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been dating this guy for about six months now and the relationship is wonderful. We communicate wonderfully and I have no complaints about him. The only issue is I identify myself as a lesbian and even came out to my family some months before dating him.

To keep a long story short, he wooed me with cute CDs and handpicked flowers (what girl could resist) and now we enjoy a great relationship. I feel bad because, despite how good everything is, I've had a hard time adapting to a heterosexual relationship. I have been with a girl before, though I've never been a relationship with one. And as soon as I felt comfortable enough with myself and my family to date someone of the same sex, I fall for a guy.

He knows I came out, but I don't think he knows that I still identify myself as gay. I was even embarrassed to tell people that didn't know I was gay that I had a boyfriend. Even after six months it still feels weird.

I've just been so confused lately. I mean, our sex life started out great, but now I just don't find him sexually attractive. Emotionally, though, I'm head over heels. I hate giving up a great relationship just because of my sexuality, which is why I gave him a chance in the first place. I would be fine with continuing a no-sex relationship but, understandably so, I feel like he'd be really upset because I'm not attracted to him. Plus a healthy sex life is good for a healthy relationship. I just don't know what to do:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm running out of excuses as to why I don't wanna have sex, but I just don't have the heart to tell him.

:help:

2. YOLO4me

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Being with someone who was not into me sexually would be horrible. If you really care about him, do you want that for him? Plus eventually you are going to wants your needs met as well.....

3. Lipstick Leuger

That is what always happened to me. Until I was with a woman. I would be emotionally attached to a male but not seuxally attracted anymore. At first sex was ok, but I never tried to initiate it or even want to do more than kiss. If you truly love him, you need to let him know that you are not sexually attracted to him. And YOLO is right, what about your future needs?