1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is the Sit.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JakeHas, Nov 28, 2013.

1. JakeHas

Alright guys I'm gonna try to explain all that's going on and hope to get some advice so I don't have to figure this out on my own.

I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 8 months long-distance. I use to have more trouble with jealousy in the past that affected us a bit, but I don't as much anymore. He seems to not be as involved in the relationship anymore (Talking and all that), so I'm just assuming it's because of some big issues he's having with his family. But I mean, he doesn't even txt me good morning as soon as he wakes up xD When I wake up, the first thing I do is grab my phone and text him a good morning.

Now yesterday I was in a lot of pain, and kinda still am. He was going on to me about how it will be hard when he goes to college and I'll still be in high school, we wont be able to talk to each other on the internet as much because he'll be busy, and how it may turn into just a texting and calling relationship because he's so busy, and he doesn't know if he see's us together at that point. I tell him that we can bear through it as long as we know in the far future we will be happy together, but he responded with "but that some point is sooooooo far away.", like he's trying to convince me we wont be together...

I asked him if it would be worth it to him in the end, he said "Idk.." he said he wants to stay together and try in the future, but everything else he said tells me he doesn't...:tears:

So right now my issues are:
    • He doesn't seem as involved or committed.
    • He doesn't like talking about our issues, which can make them worse.
    • I feel like he's actually going out of his way to avoid me at times...
    • I don't feel like I'm a priority to him anymore.
    • I don't know if he still wants to be with me, or in the future.
    • No matter how many times he says "I love you", I feel like we're still growing apart

I don't know how to fix this... I want to be with him in the future... :icon_sad:

#1 JakeHas, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  2. JakeHas

Also an important detail, I have been the cause of a lot of our issues in the past. When it comes to me being jealous, or clingy, or any of that. We've had some issues before with it, so maybe he's acting this way because he's afraid I am going to be super clingy and jealous and doesnt want to deal with it.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And yet through all that, here you sit thinking "I MUST hang on to this disinterested person who doesn't seem to care, or be interested in the future of our relationship..."

Sorry, it sounds like I want you to end it with him, I don't, I just want you to consider what makes you feel you need to try so damn hard when it seems that he isn't doing the same.

4. YOLO4me

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I agree with Ellia. He sounds like he's trying to let you down ez so you don't freak out. Think about that there may be a person out there who you are a perfect match for, but until you let go of the Hope this apple may turn into an orange, you can't meet that other great person. Good luck, I'm sure in your heart you know this probably isn't going to work out. How you handle it really is up to you.

5. JakeHas

Thanks for the Help guys.

---------- Post added 28th Nov 2013 at 12:46 PM ----------

And I'm only hanging on because I know he is different. I've seen it. When we first started dating, before I my jealousy really start, we were the perfect couple in my eyes. We talked all the time, we had no issues. It's really overall my fault that it's at this point, I just want to know what I can do to get BACK to that point, it's possible, I know he wants it too, I'm just not sure how to get there.