1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Sigh* I love my family, but they make it SO hard sometimes.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Glalie, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Glalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We were sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon at my aunts house, and the re-broadcast of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was on tv. It was great (good food and the parade!) until the cast of Kinky Boots came on. For the entire rest of the meal, my whole family was talking about how LGBT people are perverts and they're going to be the downfall of America.

AHHHHHHHHHH! (I can't scream at them, so I'll do it here.)

Anyway, obviously none of them know that I'm gay, and it gets really hard to listen to all of their homophobic bullshit. They can't pass up the chance to say awful things any time they see gay anything. I love them, but love hurts so much sometimes.

2. Luceicandothis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. It's so incredibly hard to just sit there and listen to their insensitive and insulting comments and they have no idea that their talking about their own daughter, and even if they have a slight suspicion that I'm gay it certainly does not stop them from being so disrespectful...I love my parents too but they make it impossible to be open and honest with them about who I really am :/