1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanksgiving :P

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Redd, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Redd

Out Status:
    Some people
    So I really just need to rant....

I have nothing against my family or the holidays but they make it so hard sometimes! This year we're with my moms family who are all extremely Catholic and homophobic (don't get me wrong, I don't mind Catholics or anything, but sometimes they can't see anything past the old testament. Sometimes.) All day, it's been one homophobic comment after another. What makes it even harder is that half of them came from my 6 year old cousin. She likes nothing better than grilling me about my love life, which has been a little easier since I started dating a guy, but sometimes she slips up when she talks. Like, today she said "is she cute?" on accident, instead of he, and as soon as she realized it she let out this huge gasp, covered her mouth for a few seconds, and then said "ewwwwwww oh my gosh I said she instead of he, that's wrongggggg." And then later we were telling riddles and my uncle couldn't figure it so he said "Wait, you aren't about to tell me that 2 women are married are you?????? I really, really hope not." And when I said no, he was relieved and said "good! Thank god!". It's been like that all day. I don't know if it's coming up more because we flew into California with a really flamboyant mens choir and its more prevalent than it is in Texas or what, but it felt like there was a lot more bashing than normal. My grandparents are always like that but I don't remember the rest of the family being so venomous about.

So anyway, I'm just really frustrated and hurt. Especially hearing things from my littler cousins, I guess they aren't quite as innocent as I thought anymore :bang: