1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told a few friends...interesting results

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by demfeelstho, Nov 29, 2013.

1. demfeelstho

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Long story short, I like this guy. Says he's straight, but I have my doubts. Can't tell if I just want him to be gay so bad I'm convincing myself that he is, or it really is that obvious.

SOOOO, I haven't had school all week, so I've had a lot of time to just think about things. Too much time in fact, I couldn't get him out of my head. It was getting to the point where I was seriously obsessive and getting really depressed. So...I told someone. I just couldn't handle bottling up all my emotions like I always do anymore. I was kinda scared if I kept going like this I might...do something I'll regret. So I opened up to H. not knowing what to expect but she totally accepted me and just said she'll accept me no matter what and I can tell her anything so it really couldn't have gone better. But the first thing she asked was if J. (the guy I like) was gay, haha. And so that got us talking about him and she's been convinced he's gay. The next night she texts me at says she's having a sleep over with P. and they're talking about J. and how they're both convinced he's gay and if she can tell P. that I'm gay and love J. I said yes, knowing the response would be positive since P. has a brother who's gay and she's an LGBT supporter (and boycots Chik-Fil-A, the only decent school food haha). So P. started texting me about how J. is acting EXACTLY like her brother did before he came out. Depressed, personality changing, making fun of gays, fighting with parents and a few other things. She also mentioned her brother's boyfriend went through the EXACT same thing (worrying and obsessing whether "he" is gay or not) and he ended up asking P's brother and now they're together!). I'm not sure what to expect, if that was just a chance against all odds / fairy tell story or if I might get the same result. I need advice, EC. She said I should talk to him about all of this since he knows exactly how I feel and in retrospect, I shouldn't have declined her offer. I just don't know what to think anymore. I need advice. So many people tell me he's gay and said we look like a couple sometimes the way we're so close (physically). I just really need advice from people who have gone through the same and I'll work on talking to her brother's boyfriend.

After seeing him for the past week of school acting so depressed, which was making me depressed because I just want to see him be happy more than anything, we went to the mall and a movie together a few days ago and it was fantastic. He acted like he really was happy and had a good time. I don't know what's different? Maybe just not the social pressure of being at school? And during the movie, he "stretched" like straight guys do when they're about to put their arm around a girl haha but he stopped when he saw me watching him. It's just becoming so hard to walk next to him and not grab his hand or snuggling up against him when we're sitting together and give him a big hug when he's down. I feel like I need to come out to him but I'm afraid it'll ruin our friendship. I know a real friend will accept me, and I'm pretty sure he would, but if he really is straight everthing will change just because we (jokingly) act gay to each other and he'd probably feel really awkward/weird if he knew I was gay. And I don't want it to stop, even if it is "unfairly teasing me", I love jokingly pretending we're a couple and all of that, it makes me feel...loved, I guess the word is.

Thanks for taking the time to read my wall of text and giving me some advice haha

2. Treasury

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ahh, my lovely life story is around 75% the same as yours. Unlike your friend, I am feeling the exact same way for one of my really good friends.

Plot twist: my friend has a stable relationship. I yearn for a lot for his touch, just anything.

I know this is wrong and I have to change it, so this is what I did:
    1) I just distracted myself a lot. More studying. More extra-curriculars. Hung out with other groups of friends. I didn't see him as much, and almost hardly now. Most of the time, I'm distracted and my thoughts don't wander.

If you ever ever have the thought that "pissing him off will get him to leave you alone", it will not work. I was foolish enough to do that, and that only made me want to apologize (guilt was eating me up). It'll make it more harder. Follow my first point, distract yourself.

Hope it helps a bit :slight_smile: Hang in there!