1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give it a second try?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cloudless, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Cloudless

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My friend and I came out to each other back in April, and then I started to get feelings for her. It was clear that she was too just by the way we talked to each other, held hugs tighter and longer, etc. After a couple of weeks of this, we admitted our feelings for each other. But we were both pretty unsure how to transition our relationship, and after three days, one of which was really awkward, she said she was having a hard time thinking of me as more than a friend. I didn’t agree, but there was nothing I could say.

We spent a wonderful summer together, our last before moving thousands of miles apart for college. We had one last sleepover before leaving, and she got really close to me and we started snuggling. Because we had never done anything like this, I didn’t think it was only in friendship. I asked if I could do something, and then I kissed her. It didn’t feel like much, but neither of us minded. I asked her where this was coming from, and she just sort of said she wasn’t sure, and didn’t think long distance would work…

Now Winter break is coming up, and I’m not sure what to do. I still have strong feelings for her, but I also have doubts about a long distance relationship. Any advice on if I should bring it up with her or should I just try to accept that we’ll only be friends?

2. lovely lesbian

I don't really have Any advice but I think if she feels the same you do it sounds like she does then try and talk to her hope it works out xx

3. Sailorsheart

I agree about the long distance relationship not being good. I have had that same lost feeling. Having said that what you will have to do is stay in contact with her and keep each other in each of your lives. I do not know if that makes any sense. Good luck to you.

4. YOLO4me

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Young and ld doesn't sound like a great plan, but I'm betting impulses take over planning and you give it a go. If she's into you go for it, but be prepared for her to tell you she met someone else....hope everything works out.