1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My ex girlfriends parents broke us up

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lisam86, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Lisam86

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was dating a girl for about 1 year, and we were engaged. Her parents never agreed with it, they even told her that I turned her lesbian. Whenever I went over her house I felt like her parents were watching us every 5 mins, it sucked. They played the act of liking me but even she said her parents hated the whole thing. It took a lot of courage for her in the first place to even tell them about us, and look what they did. Its been 5 months already, and still no communication. She still lives at home, shes 18, this was first time she ever told her parents about her sexuality, and they frowned upon it very much so. I need some advice.
    I love her very much, and I know she loves me too, but it hurt that she just chose them over me, when she said she wanted to be with me, her parents like to control her, I'm older than her so I don't have to deal with parents breathing down my neck. I need some advice.

#1 Lisam86, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  2. sandshoes

Hearing stories like these breaks my heart. I don't have any experience about these situations, but try to contact her and talk about what options you have? If they force her to live her life as they want, she will most likely be miserable anyways so it might be time for her to move out? But it's very hard to choose something over family because they brought you up and all that, but if they really can't accept it then you've got to really think about what's important to you. Can you get in touch with her? So you can at least talk about all this?

I really hope things work out for you! Good luck!