1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First "date".

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SkyDiver, Nov 29, 2013.

1. SkyDiver

Okay, friends... advice time.

Long story short, my friend showed me a picture of a cute guy she works with. He's also gay. I saw him the other day at work, and I recognized him but he didn't know me. So my friend told me she had a friend (me) who's interested in him and he asked who, and she said that he went through my till at work. Apparently he thought I was super hot, and wanted to talk to me. So we talked over FB and texting for a few days and now we're going out to have dinner and watch a movie tonight.

So. Obviously this is more than "hanging out", but should I really be calling it a date? I hardly know him. I've talked to him in person once, and it was brief. I feel like I should really get to know him before I even consider dating him. I want to have him as a friend, first.. but what if he wants to move faster than I want to?

A few questions... who's going to pay? Should I offer that we pay separately? What about if he wants to kiss me after? Is a light peck on the cheek okay? I don't want to do anything super intimate cause, well... I don't know him! It's my first date ever with a guy and I'm super freaked out and excited and confused and ecstatic and terrified. Please help meeeee (&&&)

2. dapulu

Chill. It's a date., go along with it. Did you asked him out on the date or viceversa? Or did both of you agreed to "hang out"?

If he wants to move faster and you don't want to, you say it. "You're going too fast" or something along those lines if you don't want to be so direct.

Also, a date as well as hanging out serve the purpose of getting to know each other better. Just stay on focus and be assertive in the things you want and the things you don't, and if he starts moving toward the things you don't, then say it. Communication is always the best.

Success on your date! :slight_smile: Get handsome