1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing...but in a relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by utsuratsura, Nov 30, 2013.

1. utsuratsura

I've been dating my boyfriend for almost a month now, and I have to admit, he's wonderful. Although he does push certain things a bit more than I'd like, he is so so great and caring and so supportive of me. But before we started dating, I had (have) a huge crush on my school's exchange student from Germany. She's absolutely amazing. She's even in the band, and in my section too. I think that if my boyfriend hadn't asked me out, then I would have tried to catch her interest (even though I'm pretty sure she's straight). I do really like my boyfriend, but I also still like her a lot. I know that I'll never have a chance with her, especially after she goes back to Germany, but I still want to be closer with her. But I don't want to break up with my boyfriend or anything like that. Should I just give up on my crush? I don't know what to do. :bang:

2. Gingerblond93

Stick with your boyfriend, we all have crush's and attractions to others and most of that is just some good eye candy to look at or fantasize about in private. However, your BF is very real, he is here and will be here for you in the long term. This girl will go back to German and you will most likely not see her again. Stick with what you have and will have in the long term. I've been dating my bf for four years and I've been tempted like you. But I am more happy that I have a committed relationship with a man who I love and who loves me back and that keeps me happy and satisfied. I;ll always enjoy the eye candy but will keep it at that, just something pleasant to look at and admire and sometimes dream about. But nothing more than that.

#2 Gingerblond93, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013