1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have a crush on my gay best friend??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Duckman91, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Duckman91

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi. So I think I'm gay. I started to have feelings for my best friend last year, about a year ago. I always brushed them off and tried to to think about them. He was in a serious relationship with his girlfriend at the time. I always thought "I guess I can't have him, and I have no chance, so why bother." I tried to live a normal life. I thought I was straight and only a little curious. Now I'm thinking I'm gay.

I've never done anything with a girl before, even kissed. Maybe that's sad and pathetic, but whatever. I've honestly only thought about guys lately. And it all goes back to my one friend. My best friend. He came out a month or so ago now. I always had suspicions he was gay, everyone did. He and another gay boy had both got crushes on each other, and are not dating. It kills me to see them, because I want everything they have with my friend. I now know that I'm either gay, or have very strong feelings for one boy.

Everyone thinks that they will not last long. The boy he is dating is known for using boys, and not really being in it for the relationship. I want this to be true, but they seem really in love already.

Me and my friend, along with our other friend had a sleepover last night. It was such a fun night hanging out with my best friends. That's the thing. I have myself for liking him, and I want us to only be friends. But then again, like him so much. I have no idea what to do. If he and his boyfriend ever break up, I'm not sure if I should confess my feelings to him if I still like him. I have a gut feeling that he will never like me other than a friend, but I want to find out if he could, but I don't want it to ruin things.

If you've ever had an experience like this, what do you think is the best way to handle this situation?

2. Seanathan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The truth is, I've never had an experience like this. But it doesn't change what I would do if in that sort of relationship.

Whether you are straight or gay, if you end up liking your friend, and they are available (as in the sense they could date you because of your gender, no relationship status) you will always run the risk of ruining it if you decide you want to know if you can take things to the next level. It's just how love works, it's risks and taking chances. If this boy is in a relationship, and is happy in that relationship, there is nothing you can do but accept it, be happy for him, and move on. If you find it just hurts to see them or be around him because of it, then I would advise hanging out with some of your other friends more and preoccupying yourself with your hobbies. Find someone else, whether they're straight or gay, to fancy. Get distracted by them for a while.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look out for him, make sure he doesn't get hurt by this other boy and be his friend. Give him someone to talk to :slight_smile:

Other than that for the time being, just look into something else.