1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by btrue, Dec 3, 2013.

1. btrue

I have been together with my boyfriend for 3 years. I met him though a friend, and I interviewed his friends and they said he was a good guy and I could expect that he would be faithful.

We both were in college he was at Georgia State going for his masters degree in Nursing, I was in a different. A college going for Computer Science. He graduated from Georgia state and decided to move. in the beginning I pleaded with him not to leave to Phoenix Arizona but in December of 2012

Mick/Ig went anyways after I gave up pleading with him. He was okay for a little bit. He complained of being lonely and we talked for a while. He later became more isolated after I visited him in March 2013. I told him around early August that he needed to see me in Georgia or I would leave him. I knew something was wrong.

He came to visit. Later we were going to visit one of his friend's house. He asked me to text his friend that we were on the way using his phone. When I got ready to send a text, a nasty message popped up from a guy named Scott. I confronted Mick about cheating and he denied it. I got so upset after he went back to phoenix I told him I was going to break up we were fighting constantly. I told him I was going to call Scott because I remembered the number. I was lying. He broke down and told me everything. He said that he met Scott at a bar and needed company. He always snapped off and said I should worry about emotional cheating. I found out he had to fight this guy Scott off to stop him from having oral sex with him. He was too drunk to drive home so he slept naked with Scott.

I told him I would need a polygraph. Originally I restricted the scope to Arizona; However, I changed the scope to be since the beginning of the relationship, and he got nervous he would fail the polygraph. He confessed to having oral sex with his best friend Yanto before going to going to Arizona about 6 months in to our relationship.

He also admitted that he was touched sexually by his Thai friend. He cancelled a trip to NYC that I did not know about to see the guy. He met the guy in Las Vegas in slept in the same bed but did not have sex and the guy gapped his crotch in the morning and smiled and nothing else happened. He reasoned that it did not matter if i knew he was going to NYC he was already living in phoenix and long distance is long distance there was not a need to discuss the trip.

He also said some guy touched him sexually in a club in Florida when he was with Yanto.

I asked Mick to give up his friends that he cheated with and for a few days he stood by his friends and was going to dump me over his friends. He eventually chose me and did a polygraph confirming he was being truthful but we still are fighting. He refuses to return to Georgia until February 2014.

He now claims he cannot remember exactly what happened with Scott. It went from him trying twice to give him oral and fought the guy off to where he thinks he willingly participated with Scott for a five to ten minutes.
    Im suppose to be visiting him soon. I wanted to see what you guys thought.

#1 btrue, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One thing I don't really understand is why did he just up and leave to Arizona while you guys were just beginning a relationship?

Regarding the relationship, it sounds like your trust for him has been compromised and that is an extremely important part of a relationship, especially a long distance one and it can be very hard to get back to trusting them again. What makes you want to stay in this relationship? And are you sure that your boyfriend even wants to be in it?

3. btrue

He says he wants to be in it. He has plans to return but my trust has been extremely compromised. He says he cheated because he felt emotionally disconnected. He paid for a polygraph to show the extent of his cheating. He has spent about 1,000 so far just to set things straight. I dunno.

I want to stay because I love him, but my sexual attraction to him is gone. I feel like he is a used condom in the garbage can because he cheated.

---------- Post added 3rd Dec 2013 at 11:44 PM ----------

He was with me in person since about august 2010

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you interested in trying to make things work? If your sexual attraction is gone and you no longer have much trust in him, then are you sure you want to stay in the relationship?

5. btrue

I love him so much it would be like cutting my arm off if I lost him.