1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting mixed signals...after he's told me no.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Seanathan, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Seanathan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I posted a while ago about this guy. This guy pretty much toyed with me, saying that he liked me, lead me on, and then told me he was going to pretend to be straight. I grew apart from him on purpose to help reduce my time with him because he hurt me. I guess he figured it out and got mad at me, and he was annoyed at first, and we then we settled into this nice but awkward peace between us. We were merely civil towards each other. He would always talk about how straight he was and stuff and how macho he was. And now he's growing affectionate to me again. Very slightly but surely.At least I think so. I guess he could just be trying to mend our friendship, but the other day he covered my eyes and shook my head around (in a nice, friendly, teasingly manner, I know how it sounds) when I was at the computer and then he started talking to me on facebook when he heard I was going to go clothe shopping saying "here's a good store." I don't know what to think. Help?

*And the reason why I wanted to grow apart from him was his rejection made me feel horrible for a while, which I guess is selfish and petty, but I didn't know what else to do.

#1 Seanathan, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. pansy

maybe it's best to go on avoiding him? If someone cares about you, they shouldn't hurt you like that, I'd question his motivations very deeply, before considering pursuing anything. Having been in similar situations though, I strongly advocate moving on.

3. btrue

I would let him just continue to be a friend and find a nice and affectionate person to date.