1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He leaves today :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kylegf2011, Dec 4, 2013.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The guy I have been talking about in other threads is leaving today for 2 months :icon_sad:

Yesterday I saw him and it was amazing, we went to teh movies again, but this time it was better (kissing, holding hands :icon_wink )

We talked and he said he is really going to miss me. Im very sad because I just met a guy I would never have dreamed of meeting in real life, and now he goes away :icon_sad:

I just wanted to share this with you, and any advice you guys can give will be very appreciated :slight_smile:

2. AKTodd

Can you/have you set up means to keep in touch while he's gone? Texting/skyping/writing a letter/sending a card/whatever? Can you post a calendar on the wall and check off the days until he's back?

Also, you might aim to find things to do to occupy your time so the days don't seem to drag by. Distractions and/or keeping busy can be your friend in this situation.

Conversely, you can spend some time planning something special for when he gets back. Something you know he particularly likes, or doing something romantic (assuming here you're both into that kind of thing, or at least don't find it irritating), or otherwise special. Plan to cook him dinner, give him a full body massage (there are books and videos online for how to do this), a night watching a favorite movie together on the couch, stargazing in the country (mixed with kissing of course), or whatever.

On the one hand 2 mos can feel like a long time. OTOH, it's really not a very long time at all (my partner sometimes travels out of state for 4-6 wks at a time and I have friends with spouse's in the Navy who would go on six month deployments).

Hang in there and he'll be back before you know it.

Hope this helps,

Todd

3. SomeNights

Skype, Fring, Facebook, kik and google chat. Those help a LOT for LDRs :slight_smile:

4. photoguy93

Hey, at least you were able to know him! The "it's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all" comes to mind. He's coming back, right? That should be pretty fun. Also, if that doesn't work, then it wasn't meant to be.