1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phrasing

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rainbow Girl, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Rainbow Girl

So over the weekend I'm gonna to my godmother's annual Christmas party and I usually spend the time hanging out with her niece who I get along with really well, let's call her S. So S always asks me if there are any boys I like. I don't think I'll come out to S because I only see her about once a year and I'm afraid she might tell other people at the party (she's not very good at keeping a secret). However I'm not entirely sure how I should answer the question between two possible options. Here they are:

1. Answer, honestly saying "No, there aren't any boys I like" which I'm not sure she'd believe me.

or

2. Say that yes there is and describe my crush as though they were boy even though in actually they're a girl.

If you guys could give me advice on which option to choose or suggest some other that would be great.

2. Kreiger

If you're a good liar, the second one makes more sense logically, but you might be able to get away with the first.

3. Silver Sparrow

I'd say whichever one will be more believable.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's dangerous to talk about someone in fake terms because you might slip the wrong pronoun gender. You could say you're interested in someone at school but say no more.