1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I send the message?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by musicalshyguy, Dec 6, 2013.

1. musicalshyguy

There's this "straight" guy that i've been crushing on since October. Well, recently, a friend told me that he told her that he's bisexual. Well, she is one of those people that like to lie to people, but not often. She even asked her friend for proof. And she said that he did in fact tell her that he's bi. I just got his iMessage, and I'm way too scared to message him. He knows I like him. But I'm scared that he might be avoiding me. I typed him a message. "hey. you're imessage wasn't working earlier for some reason so i emailed you. idk if you got it though. what's up?" I want to press enter and send the message. But I don't. What should I do? Nobody seems to understand that I'm panicking right now.

2. coolyellow42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A message like that isn't likely to blow up in your face or misunderstood so i'd go for it.

as for your crush, throw out some gay related topics ('did u know you can be killed for being gay in some countries'/'wow Russia's legislation against gays is harsh') to see his views. However even if he does act all homophobic he could be trying to cover up his own sexuality, or maybe he's in denial.
    It's a toughie (been in too many similar situations)! Good luck :wink:

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really see anything wrong with that message. I say go for it.

4. Kreiger

Yeah, it seems like a typical friend message, good way to start a conversation.

5. musicalshyguy

Hey. I messaged him. He must be working though.