1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My girlfriend is best friend with her ex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rachael222, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Rachael222

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started dating my girlfriend about 2 months ago. However, her best friend is her ex-girlfriend (they broke up in May), and I can't help but feel insecure over this. I don't expect my girlfriend to discontinue contact with her as I understand that they're close, but naturally I find myself a little uneasy over the situation, especially when she tells me that said friend sometimes tries to kiss her still.

Any advice on how I can put my mind at rest?

Thanks

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Talk directly to her about your worries (yes, someone trying to kiss your girlfriend is definitely a concern). Ultimately, you will have to have some trust in her because you can't become paranoid and always monitor her.

3. StephenSC

I think the best thing you can do is discuss your concern with her, obviously in a non-confrontational manner. I think honesty and open communication are the most important parts of any relationship.