1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Any Advice! is appreciated" How to let another man know I want to get to know him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by alex408, Dec 8, 2013.

1. alex408

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello,

So there is a guy who works at my local grocery store and I think he might also like other men. I don't know him at all other than he is one of the cashiers. I am trying to establish a friendly way to let other men I am interested without outing the person in a discreet manner. I don't think I want a romantic relationship with him but I do long for a same-sex companion to hang out with or go out with.

I can't say for certain that we made a connection. But the last time I was at his store I was helped by another cashier and I was there to buy a pack of smokes and a lighter and I usually ask the cashier who is attending me to look for a particular color of lighter and he actually asked if I wanted any color or should he look for a particular color. There were quite a bit of people in the checkout line so to hurry things up I said any color. The least I can say is that he remembered to a customer what color he would prefer when purchasing a lighter right? Anyway......

My idea is to write a small note with my name phone number and that I am interested in getting to know him outside work. In a nutshell.

How can I let him know I'm interested without knowing nothing about him? I want to be respectful of his work and privacy. Being that he is a cashier makes it a little difficult but not impossible. Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

-Alex

2. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: "Any Advice! is appreciated" How to let another man know I want to get to know hi

I dated a guy that worked behind the deli counter of my local supermarket. I waited until he wasn't busy with other customers and then went up to the counter and asked him,
    "Want to have coffee sometime?" His answer was immediate- he told me his cell number. I called him later that day and we set up a coffee date. We had some good times together!

I think the quickest and easiest (for him) and most unobtrusive way you can do it will be the best way.

Good luck! Let us know how it comes out.

Milan

3. tex st

tex st Guest

Re: "Any Advice! is appreciated" How to let another man know I want to get to know hi

this seems like a good idea, no fuss and polite

4. alex408

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll keep you guys posted!

-Alex