1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think this guy has a crush on me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AnonymousForeve, Dec 8, 2013.

1. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's this guy I work with and lately, it seems like he's been kind of flirty with me. When no one else his paying attention, he might say something like "you're so cute" or "hey there, sexy" and he's a very touchy feely person. One time, he kind of came behind me, put his hands on my shoulders, moved his head really close to mine and said something in this low voice. I've never seen him act like this with any of the other guys that work with us. He's stared at me several times from a distance and he always looks away when I catch him doing it.

However, he sometimes talks about getting with girls at works and hits on pretty much all of the girls around him. So yeah, I'm getting extremely mixed signals here.

What do you guys think?

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, he could be a bisexual guy, but none of us can really say what he is. That behavior does seem a bit "abnormal" for a regular straight guy though. Do you like him at all? If you do, what about asking him to hangout sometime?

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Might as well reciprocate his flirting, if you like him. Does he know you're gay?

4. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm kind of nervous about doing that, though. I wouldn't want other people to notice me flirting with a big, muscular dude. That wouldn't really help me stay hidden in my closet.

I've never told him I'm gay, but perhaps he knows just from the way I sometimes act around him (I get all shy and sometimes feel my face go :icon_redf ). I've never tried to talk about girls with him, but he sometimes brings it up and my only real option is to pretend that I'm straight.

5. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He recently made a comment about wanting to kiss me. He made it out to be a joke, but could it still mean anything?

6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, people often say things in a joking manner that actually have truth to them. I know I do that sometimes. And given what he's done/said before, it's doesn't sound unusual.

7. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh I'd just be a little tiny bit flirty back and see what happens. If you get the feeling he pulls away, just don't worry about it anymore. Could be he's just playing around, but who knows? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. AnonymousForeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ugh, he's being really confusing again. He keeps on saying things like I mentioned before, but he also recently invited me to go with him to a strip club (with women, not men) with a couple of his friends :rolle:

He says those things in a way that doesn't really feel like a joke, too. I've had friends who kind of said stuff like that (they never called me cute, though), but they always said it in a really exaggerated way that made it obvious they were being sarcastic or just joking. He talks to me almost the same way I've seen him talk with girls he flirts with. I haven't seen him do this with any other guy, just me :dry:

I wish homosexuality wasn't still taboo (to an extent) :icon_sad: