1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some relationship advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hellohello, Dec 9, 2013.

1. hellohello

Out Status:
    All but family
    So the girl I'm dating finds it difficult to have sex with people whom she's been in a relationship with for a while, so a little while ago she expressed this difficulty (perhaps due to past trauma) so we haven't been having sex. We slept together before, when we first got together, we didn't have ideal chemistry but I assumed this was because this is the first time I'm with a girl, so I need some time to adjust - unfortunately time I did not get. Anyways, she says she thinks the issue is either the fact that we're very close so she shuts down sexually, or else that she thinks she's more sexually attracted to men than women but romantically primarily into women. I really love her and want to help her get through this issue, but I'm having feelings of rejection, that I'm unattractive, and that she might leave me for a man, which also doesn't make sense because we're very emotionally close. I'm not sure how to regulate my thoughts to make it easier - any advice?

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

If she favors sex with men over women, I don't think there is a lot that you can change with that. (I'm uncertain though, there is always a possibility) Maybe, don't encourage sex until she makes the move instead. Meaning, wait. I don't know if the girl you're dating prefers women over men, if so I don't think she would despite the lack of sexual attraction towards women. Don't feel rejected or unattractive because of how she feels, I don't think she'd be dating you if she didn't find you attractive, lol.