1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it okay to stop talking to someone if they hurt you?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Seanathan, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Seanathan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So this guy lead me on, saying he was gay and was interested, and then he decided to go straight. He wants to be friends, but I don't want anything to do with him. Is this a legit reason or am I just being a b*tch?

2. idk call me a bitch but a few girls have done this to me telling me they liked me e.t.c and then been like oh btw lol got a bf now.

i think its fine, you dont need someone who leads you on.

3. Foster

If you don't have a desire to be friends with him, then there's no reason you should feel an obligation to. Sometimes someone acts in a way that really bothers/hurts me, and I just stop talking to them.

The way I see it is, if someone isn't making your life any better, why should they be in it? And if they are causing you stress/pain, you definitely have good reason to distance yourself. This guy was not honest about his intentions, and honesty is a vital part of any healthy friendship. I don't see how you can be gay and then suddenly decide you aren't.......