1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused with him

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WiFib, Dec 9, 2013.

1. WiFib

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the last few months, I've come to know this guy. Now from the get-go I had feeling about his sexuality mainly by the way he dresses. Now, he is not effeminate or anything like that but he just seems gay. Everyone believes so as well.

In the last two months, we've gotten to know each other better. He makes motions to touch me that I feel are outside of the norm.

For example, he used to always grab and squeeze my shoulder (opposed to the usual tap he gives others), now he gives my thigh a rub.

Continuing on, I received a message on a certain 'Gay App' from someone of his exact height and general weight with a simple, "I like you" as the first message. No picture or anything.

I continued to talk to this mystery person and they asked if my name started with an "H" (it does). I, being the idiot I was, told him no and the conversation basically stopped there. He stated "Oh, you're not the guy I thought you were." This is where my confusion starts.

1.) Very few male names begin with "H" and if so, even fewer are of my height (6'2").

2.) He seemed rather confident that he knew who he was talking to.

3.)With both his profile matching the height and him suggesting that my name beginning with "H", it led me to believe that it was the same guy I was talking to.

So fast forward two weeks, I tell them that I like him via messaging. No response. But the next days and after, he's touching my leg a lot as a substitute for the shoulder tap. Like when he's acknowledging what I say, he'll rub my thigh. I do the same to him and he doesn't mind at all. The touching is very noticeable even to others who speculate that he has a thing for me.

The source of all my confusion is here, he talks about girls. When he talks about girls, it sounds almost awkward and forced. "There's a really pretty lady in there who I want to introduce myself to." It's just very uncomfortable to hear (others agree). And when I do try to get closer to him, he'll occasionally make a remark to how close I am and I back off. It is very confusing because I am almost sure he's gay and he's interested to an extent.

What can I do? I really do like him.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why can't you contact that guy who asked your initial? If you suspect that person is this guy you're interested in, then you will be giving clearer signs to him with very little risk.

3. WiFib

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I continued to ask more questions even after the conversation ended like "does your name begin with a D?" <- His initial is D.

Suddenly, the profile is no longer able to be seen. He deleted it.

4. fakeidentityduh

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    go in for the kill I'd say

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, it seems you've smoked him out. :slight_smile:

#5 resu, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  6. WiFib

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    May you elaborate on "go in for the kill"?