1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A far amount of my friends are in the GSM spectrum

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by phoenix89, Dec 9, 2013.

1. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I having being thinking about this lately, especially since I came to the conclusion that I am demisexual. I am friends with a sorts of different types of people and I do not care how anyone lives their lives as long as they are safe and happy. I have just been thinking that a lot of my friends fall somewhere on the GSM spectrum. This is not a bad thing by any means, it is just interesting. I am dancing a fine line between the straight community and the GSM community, because of who I am and how I identify, and this just adds to it.

I just find it interesting. Do I give off a vibe that I am friendly, or caring, or accepting of how people live their lives? I just try to be a good person and to be there for anyone who needs me to be, but I have not previous actively try to engage myself in the community. Not that there is anything wrong with it, I am not saying that, it is an awesome community of people, but I have never, at least before this semester gone out of my way to get involved. Before this semester I have only attended one PRIDE meeting, but now I have attended every monthly Queer Community Dinner, and I have made it to two meetings, (they are at the same time as Bible Study), mind you I was speaking at one, only caught the last 5 minutes of Bible Study that week, oops. LOL

It just struck my really hard the other day, how many friends I have who are a part of the GSM spectrum. This past Saturday I was at a dance party with the church that I attended and a girl who I met just the day before at the church's Christmas party told me that she was Pan. She first said that she was Bi, and I said okay, and well I am actually Pan, and I said okay that works. She said a lot people do not know what pan means, I then explain that I am demi and how I do understand the terminology. After this we went back to dancing again. It just struck me, that she was so open with me, and I had only known her for a day at this point. I have had a lot of people tell me about how they identify and what it means to them. I do not mind it, I love that people are so trusting of me, but I do not feel like I earned it. I am a nice person, and I love everyone. It is against my beliefs to hate people. Maybe that is it. I love everyone, and I try to share that love in whatever way that I can. I just not understand why people are so trusting of me and so willing to be friends with me when I have done nothing to earn. Sure I love them and pray for them, but that is just being a good person and a good Christian. I will love and pray for anyone who asks it. It is my responsibility as a follower of Jesus to do so.

Sorry if this is all over the place, it is late and I just finished my last paper of the semester.

#1 phoenix89, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013