1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inexperienced coward that I am!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PurpleGrey, Dec 11, 2013.

1. PurpleGrey

Oh! My many woes!

Here we go: I have no idea whatsoever how to nab myself a lover!

What is comes down to is that I'm too introverted and I've been antisocial most of my life, so I can't even make friends, let alone find a lady or a fellah to be with. Basically, here's how it usually goes:

Male:
    I see a fellah, think he's hot and all that. I get stuck. I wanna be my usual sassy self that I am around close friends, but I just can't somehow! Confidence is gone! The one thing everyone says a gal needs to nab a man, I don't got it!

Female:
    I see a lovleh gal, cute and curvy and all. It's the same as the guys, but then I have the added pressure of the fact that she's bound to be straight, taken, or both. If I see a gal that even I can tell is gay, I tend to not be too attracted to her, or if I am, I can't help but feel that I'm not her type, or that I'll be rejected if she finds out I also like guys.

It's not that I've never approached someone, either. It's just that usually, I'm so shy, I'm over-demure. Then this other time, I was hopelessly in love with this unearthly, gorgeous girl. I tried to start off as friends, but I'm terribly impatient. This event, some dance, came up very quickly, so before we were very close, I asked her to go with me. And, to make an embarrassing story short, her answer was vague, I got creepy, she asked for me to be moved to a different class.

I just wish I wasn't a coward and that I was better at being social. I've thought about dating sites, but I can't swallow my pride for that. It's getting very tempting to cheat and use the net to find a someone...

Anyway, after all my rambling and self-pity, if you're still reading, any advice?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't call the internet cheating :grin: I'm not a cheater!!

I have exactly the same problem...it's really hard (*hug*)

3. QueerQueen

You can find people literally everywhere, I know it probably seems hard right now, but it's true. You kind of have to push yourself and put yourself out there, especially if you are looking to be with a girl, finding out whether she is interested in girls or not is an important step you should take before trying to get closer to them and see if you guys are compatible. If any of your friends know other girls who are also interested in other girls than that can be really helpful, she/he can introduce the two of you and you can go from there. If you go to any gay events or are part of any LGBT clubs or groups than you probably have a better chance of finding someone.

As for guys I really can't say much, there is no secret way to finding someone to be with, you just have to go out and meet people, until someone comes up that you find yourself interested in. All you need to nab a man is to just be yourself, don't overthink it. Try to be as real as you can be, everybody gets nervous when it comes to someone they like. Overtime if your with someone you'll find yourself becoming more comfortable around them and then you can really break out of your shell.

I know everyone wants to find love and find someone they can be with that makes them happy, but I also think that people shouldn't depend on a significant other to make them happy. Also a lot of people tend to find a boyfriend or girlfriend when there not really looking or don't expect it to happen.