1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated with crush who became my bestfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Blaine, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Blaine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So yeah....during the first day of my class in college, I noticed this guy who I really find attractive. He's truly charming and he looks well mannered. He is quite shorter than me, but it's okay because I don't really care about that part anyway. So during the third subject, we became seatmates and I grabbed the opportunity to ask what's his name and later on that day, we became acquainted to each other. I didn't talk to him that much because I had a headache during that time (such wrong timing for first day of school) and I want to focus more on the topic that being discussed by the professor. Deep inside, I was super happy to know his name. I wasn't expecting for more things to happen since it's just the first the of school.

Two days after, after the first subject, he asked me if it's okay if he'll hangout with us during the breaks. My heart stopped because I really didn't see that one coming. He was hanging out with the nerdy foreigner guys in class that's why I never expected that he's gonna ask a lousy looking person (I may look lousy but I am really loud and hardworking) like me to join with us. At first I felt awkward with him while eating at the cafeteria because he wasn't really that talkative that much like I am.

Months passed by, I started helping him with his quizzes, paper works and stuffs. I told him some of my secrets (that includes my sexual preference) so that he'll open himself to me too. I wanted to become close with him but I kinda failed because he wasn't even noticing all of the efforts I gave. I got so affected because he as my crush has really disappointed me. Later that night, I confessed to him that I almost want to gave up but on a second thought he told me that he's really sorry for ignoring all of my efforts for him. He told me that he wouldn't apologize if he doesn't care for me at all.
    This situation made us become super bestfriends. I started texting him I Love You every night before we go to sleep. And I really mean it, like I really love him.

So recently, I found out that she actually has a girlfriend. I feel so ashamed for texting him I Love You every night. I sincerely apologized to him for doing that but he said that it's okay and he respects what I truly feel for him. I told him that I do really like him, but there's definitely nothing I can do to make him love me back.

"If our love is tragedy, why are you my REMEDY?
    If our love's insanity, why are you my CLARITY?"

Why am I still hoping for him to love me back even if there really is no chance? :frowning2: Is he really just abusing my love for him to make me work on his school stuffs?

I feel so hopeless.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, obviously he can see all your cards on the table. Whatever the case, you really need to stop helping him with homework immediately. It is not just wrong and plagiarism but will not help him in the long run. He's in college and should act like an adult. Honestly, I think you should stay away from him because he affects you so strongly. You deserve someone who can reciprocate your feelings and who doesn't want to use you (because whatever he says, he is still taking advantage of your love).

3. dapulu

You still have hope. But there is none there, do not kid yourself.

Time to find some other hottie or focus on something else :grin:

Keep the friendship if you want, but that's a bit difficult in your state of affairs.

Best of luck and wishes :slight_smile: