1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi sexual best friend has crush on me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wonderland77, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Wonderland77

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    So my bi sexual best friends has a crush on me, I told her it was ok which I was but I kinda was really shocked and I didn't know how to react. I love her as my sister and I don't want to wreak that bond I have with her. I also don't wanna make her feel bad. I'm really confused about what to say to her. I don't judge her for being bi sexual, I support gay rights and bi sexual rights, I just think that my best friends having a crush on me is really shocking and I just find it a bit much to handle. Btw I'm 13 girl and straight. Should I tell her how I feel or should I just keep it to myself to protect her feelings

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've told her it's OK that she has a crush on you, so at least you've done the best thing you could and not made her feel bad about it. Believe me, one of the worst things about crushing on a friend is this thought that they will think you're really weird ESPECIALLY if it's a same sex crush.

Honestly, before you go and tell her anything more about this, I would decide what you actually feel you need to say. "You having a crush on me is more than I can handle" is both vague and terrifying to hear, because it sounds like "Dude, back off or the friendships over". Even if you don't mean it that way, it sounds like rejection of the worst kind and you don't want that!

So what do you feel you need to tell her?

3. Anonymous

Trust me, it'll pass. No bi girl wants to waste her life away after somebody who can't feel the same way