1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy likes me and I don't like him back

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChromeNerd, Dec 15, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    There's this guy I'm getting to know. We have a lot in common and we get along great. I really want to be his friend. He has a crush on me. He was brave enough to tell me. He wanted to kiss me. I don't really want to kiss him. I told him that "I'm not really into guys". I didn't feel like saying I was a lesbian because I'm still not 100% sure. He took my rejection really well, but I know he still likes me.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he took it well, I think you can leave it to rest :wink:

3. WrthPanda

WrthPanda Guest

Hey
    I do not really know what "coming out" or "trying out" your sexual orientation would mean for your social status, or all that stuff. So I won't push you, alright, but here's my thought.
    I, myself did not have the, lets say courage, or the chance to experimemt with my orientation openly, so I know it is hard for you as well.
    But my advice would be, tell him that you are in denial, but that you sherish your friendship. If he is someone you know you can trust, I would start with just telling him, keeping it our little seachret. Just tell him you aren't sure about what you like, so he understand.
    Personally I think he would respect that, because then he knows that it isn't him as person you aren't attracted to, but more the whole gender thing. And trust me on this one, if he is worth trusty you've got a really good friend for life in him, if you tell him. A good friend you would need if the hard days ever occure to you. But that all rely on if your straight or not, or what it would mean for all the family and friends around you. But that's different from group to group I guess. But honestly I would give him a reason if he still loves you, but just if you could trust him of course. Hope that helped a little bit, or was anywere near your answer, because I guess I talked myself a little bit out of it :slight_smile:

4. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not worried about homophobia. I am worried about coming out because I'm still questioning and I'm femme. No one will believe me. I already tried coming out when I was fourteen. No one believed me.