1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to tell him

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by danobi, Dec 15, 2013.

1. danobi

Well I want to tell the guy I like, that I like him. But neither of us are out and I dont even know if hes gay/bi/whatever let alone if he likes me, but this feeling is unbearable and I just want to let him know.

But I dont know how to go about this, how am I suppose to say it, I dont particularly want to say im gay or talk about sexuality cause it often makes me feel awkward but I still. I wanna let him know, I've hinted it to him, but I'm not sure if hes getting This is just very frustrating.

I'm willing to take any advice, please help!:help:

2. StarNights

StarNights Guest

You definetely should! How to do it hmm... you could do it however you want. I would probably meet up with them alone, talk a bit and then just tell them like "hey, I like you. and I dont know if you like me back but I just want to let you know". I know that not all people are comfortable doing it like that, but thats probably what I would try to do. Hope it was helpful!

3. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Bad idea. Try to find out if he's gay. Since you're not out, the repercussions of this might be nasty (e.g. he outs you to everyone you know).

4. william123

The more you hang out with him, likely, the more it will become apparent whether or not he is gay. If he's gay, then you have the next step of finding out if he likes you. But nothing will progress until you find out that he's also gay (or bi). But yeah, I'd just generally recommend that you keep hanging out with him and look for signs. (Like if you're watching TV and he sits close to you, stuff like that). Good luck.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Become friends first, and you will get a better idea of whether he might not be straight or at least if he's going to be accepting or homophobic.

6. danobi

well, I would consider us friends but hes a very hard person to get close too, he is super focused on school so the only thing I can ask him to do out of school is study, which I dont mind but leaves my options of telling him restricted. And I'm very much trying to avoid telling him straight out before we get closer, but I dont know how to do this

7. leer

its not an easy situation has he given any indication at all if he`s into girls or boys at all am guessing no. also if you do tell him is he the kind to be alright about it regardless him being gay-bi or straight. as I said it`s difficult

8. danobi

#Well this i where the confusion came about, he asked one of my friends (whos a girl) for her number, she gave him a fake one cause shes in a relationship and he didnt really care... but another girl said that she liked him and he said that he didn't like her and when I asked him if there was any girls he like he said "I'm not here for that, I dont want to get involved, I'm in school to study and work" etc etc. And I thought he was straight after that but then he started getting closer to me, but maybe its my imagination. Ugh. Idk

9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since he's so focused on school, you could invite him to go for a movie or concert "as a break".